Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 01:34 PM

Re: Coach holidays

Originally Posted by aitch ->
How many people on here would be prepared to go on holiday and share a room with a member of the opposite sex, knowing it would halve the cost and the rooms had twin beds, no smutty remarks just proper answers.
OOOOeeer!!! I don't think I would feel comfortable with that Aitch unless I knew someone pretty well beforehand - I wouldn't feel safe. If it was a stranger, he could snore, sleepwalk, play music all night, have unpleasant habits - anything!! If I am travelling alone I want to sleep in a room on my own.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 02:10 PM

How many people on here would be prepared to go on holiday and share a room with a member of the opposite sex, knowing it would halve the cost and the rooms had twin beds, no smutty remarks just proper answers.
No, siree!!! I would hate that and wouldn't feel at all comfortable - I would sooner spend the night trying to sleep on a chair/couch in the hotel reception!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 02:31 PM

Aitch I have been a widow and on my own for a very long time (since my thirties ) I am used to my own company and wouldn't share my room with anyone whatever sex .
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 03:29 PM

Nor would I, how embarrassing. I wouldn't sleep a wink.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 04:06 PM

I can never understand this thing about single surcharges, surely it doesn't make any difference whether there are two in a bed or one, room still has to be cleaned.
Many Hotels here in Norway charge for the room and then you pay for Breakfast.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 06:39 PM

Holiday hotels are usually booked per guest ....... therefore a double room is priced for the use of 2 people. A single guest using a double room has to pay a supplement to compensate for the hotel losing out on the extra person not using that room.

When we have booked holidays abroad the rooms we book often state a price for "sleep 3". When our booking is taken at a charge per person, we have to pay a supplement on top of the brochure price as there are only two of us using a 3 bed room.

Confusing isn't it!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 01:59 AM

I have been very fortunate to meet Aitch on two occasions, and he is a very lovely man, a gentleman. I consider him a friend being as we are both from Wigan and have known each other in the cyber-world for several years.

I'd be very happy to accompany you my friend on a holiday, if I could save up enough. I surely do need a break away, and you know why, and it would be purely platonic just as friends. I think the world of you me owd pal.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 08:53 PM

I would doubt that too many women would be prepared to share a room with a man, who she either didn't know at all, or barely knew. I for one would find it very uncomfortable.

But you may get lucky.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2011, 03:48 PM

Well I for one couldn't and wouldn't.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2011, 02:50 PM

yep have to agree there.... but what if it was Neil Oliver !

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top