Join for free
Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 08:52 PM

Re: USA 2020 - Itinerary

This trip just sounds out of this world Floydy. Guess it will really blow your mind .
Hope you don"t mind me asking how much will it cost ?
If you don"t want to say fair enough .
x
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
This trip just sounds out of this world Floydy. Guess it will really blow your mind .
Hope you don"t mind me asking how much will it cost ?
If you don"t want to say fair enough .
x
Thanks Apricot. And no, I don't mind saying.

Because it's a once in a lifetime event, I'm planning to use some of my early pension money for the trip and within reason we have no real limit to cost,

It will be expensive because we want to be comfortable on the flights and stay in decent hotels (Holiday Inn, Hilton etc), so the main expenditure will be the flights and travel.
When we get there though, the internal journeys are very cheap and so is food etc, so that will offset the travel costs.

For the two of us, all in I'm looking at upwards of £7k for the three week holiday.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 09:35 PM

Sounds like a plan to me , you two will have the best time I know . Many smiles to you both .
xx
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 09:39 PM

Sounds like a plan to me , you two will have the best time I know . Many smiles to you both .
xx
Thanks Apricot. I just want to get it booked now
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hi Annie.
Yes, it's our first time in the States (apart from a one day stopover at Dulles Airport when I was in the RAF).

It's really early planning so far as we won't be booking the holiday until mid-October. I will try to get a couple of nights in Las Vegas but at the moment it's trying to find a suitable mid-point for a couple of night to ease the long flight from Flagstaff to New York. St. Louis may be an option.

It will all come together in the end!
If you're looking for a stopover from Flagstaff to NY then I'd give St Louis a miss and go to Chicago. It's a beautiful city and well worth a stop. They have some fabulous live Jazz venues by Navy Pier with stunning views of the lake. My memory of St Louis is driving past the arch in the rain. It was March and cold. Perhaps it's a beautiful city in Summer.

But if it were me I'd stop in Nashville and check out the home of country music. Although I understand that might not be your cup of tea melodic genre! I have long been dreaming of going to the Deep South and New Orleans just to be where so many fabulous bands began. Once you hear some live music in the States your tastes may change. Live blues in the US are amazing. There's a different atmosphere. At least I hope that still exists. I was there 17 years ago.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

27-08-2019, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If you're looking for a stopover from Flagstaff to NY then I'd give St Louis a miss and go to Chicago. It's a beautiful city and well worth a stop. They have some fabulous live Jazz venues by Navy Pier with stunning views of the lake. My memory of St Louis is driving past the arch in the rain. It was March and cold. Perhaps it's a beautiful city in Summer.

But if it were me I'd stop in Nashville and check out the home of country music. Although I understand that might not be your cup of tea melodic genre! I have long been dreaming of going to the Deep South and New Orleans just to be where so many fabulous bands began. Once you hear some live music in the States your tastes may change. Live blues in the US are amazing. There's a different atmosphere. At least I hope that still exists. I was there 17 years ago.
Chicago was on one of my optional extras to visit, Annie, and may still be possible. I would like to go there. Nashville does look like a favourite right now though. Maybe we can do both, who kno0ws what will be the eventual outcome of all this? It's good fun working out these plans

I'm now going back to the first posrt of call again and instead of San Francisco to begin with it would be easier to fly to Los Angeles and take it from there. It's all a bit up in the air at the moment, so to speak!
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 06:37 PM

Half the fun of a holiday should be the planning
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-08-2019, 06:51 PM

L A is more central IMO ,in fact I will be there this day next week . Woo-Hoo !
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

28-08-2019, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
Half the fun of a holiday should be the planning
I agree, Kazz but it can be a headache too.
Big changes today....
Nashville is now out, Chicago is back in and Las Vegas has made an appearance! Flagstaff will be a day trip from Vegas now instead of a 2 night stay. Oh, and we'll be beginning at L.A. as originally planned, then SF next.

L A is more central IMO ,in fact I will be there this day next week . Woo-Hoo !
Wow! Apricot. Please let me know how you get on. Have a lovely holiday
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-08-2019, 10:23 PM

Thank you . Will be over there for 6 weeks .
New Mexico,Arizona,New mexico, Nevada ,California . Can"t wait TBH
X

Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top