Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2012, 11:27 PM

Re: Caravan Club members!

Originally Posted by Terencefw.GC1 ->
We tend to go for the no facility cc sites, such as the aberbran site in Brecon, we are heading to this coming weekend.- might get snowed in!
4 weeks on a cl - ho! the joys of not working eh!
been to Brecon but not on a CC site, nr Langnorse Lake, least I think that's what it was called beautiful scenery about 2003. I like the site book telling all about the towns and villages in the CL section, very useful.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2012, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Terencefw.GC1 ->
camping in canada, must be more exciting than the new forest!
Pixie is in Canada, but all her relatives are in the UK.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2012, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Pixie is in Canada, but all her relatives are in the UK.
I was wondering about that?? sorry about the appearance of the dog again didn't know it would come up with my comment.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 05:41 PM

We tried a caravan holiday once and never again.
I prefer my comforts and people serving me at lunchtime plus a nice big comfy bed.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I prefer my comforts and people serving me at lunchtime plus a nice big comfy bed.
My hotel experience has been mostly on my own, and these days I have to travel alone as Mrs. Losos won't leave the dogs and there are no boarding kennels here.

And I find it a chore to have to get dressed and go down to the dining room to eat, with the motohome I can eat when I want to, in my PJ's or track suit, and watch TV, and if I'm still hungry after I can have another meal or snack or whatever. An additional benefit is that where I stay I am in beautiful country.

I guess it's horses for courses My meals are not goumet style of course but then I've never really been keen on such food.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 06:11 PM

I'm a CC member and use their sites almost exclusively as we go away around eight times a year.. Spotlessly clean facilities and around £16 per night high season. What more could you want...

We are off to Sandringham the first week in May for five days, the first trip of the season and can't wait...
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

09-04-2012, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Whilst I like the idea of being served I'm not keen on being told I have to be there between such and such a time and the beds in the caravan can be either 2 singles or kingsize double.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

09-04-2012, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
My hotel experience has been mostly on my own, and these days I have to travel alone as Mrs. Losos won't leave the dogs and there are no boarding kennels here.

And I find it a chore to have to get dressed and go down to the dining room to eat, with the motohome I can eat when I want to, in my PJ's or track suit, and watch TV, and if I'm still hungry after I can have another meal or snack or whatever. An additional benefit is that where I stay I am in beautiful country.

I guess it's horse for courses My meals are not goumet style of course but then I've never really been keen on such food.
Hubby would never stay in hotel so when I did the being waited on was nice but I'd sooner eat when I wanted to and I like to stay where I want to and like the dog to come too.
I don't care where I am when I cook I'll do whatever I want quickie, roast, one pan, I even made a christmas cake in one perfectly.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 07:02 PM

I love caravan holidays, in fact we have booked a caravan in Devon for two weeks this year. I love the freedom to come and go as you please and being 35ft long x 12ft wide there is ample room for the two of us and an extra bedroom if the grandchildren wish to stay.

Sorry, I'm not a caravan club member but just wanted to say how much I love staying in one!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

09-04-2012, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I love caravan holidays, in fact we have booked a caravan in Devon for two weeks this year. I love the freedom to come and go as you please and being 35ft long x 12ft wide there is ample room for the two of us and an extra bedroom if the grandchildren wish to stay.

Sorry, I'm not a caravan club member but just wanted to say how much I love staying in one!
and why not??

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top