Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 07:44 PM

Re: Caravan Club members!

What we like about our touring caravan is that we have all our own stuff around us, particularly bedding and the like, and that any dirt that we find is our dirt and no-one elses..
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
What we like about our touring caravan is that we have all our own stuff around us, particularly bedding and the like, and that any dirt that we find is our dirt and no-one elses..
You're lucky any I find usually belongs to cows or pigs (dog, favourite perfume eu de pigsh1t). Uuurgh hotel hair in shower!!! YUK!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
I even made a christmas cake in one perfectly.
Flippin heck I would never be able to do that I do meals in a frypan, pasta & rice dishes with various ready made sauces, and of course the trusty microwave comes in handy for the ready meals, like I said it's not gourmet cooking but at least I get a decent size meal.

I still remember a few years ago I was staying at a B&B near Derby, the lady did evening meals (Which is not usual in B&B's) she said she liked to cook gourmet food, well the starter was some tiny strips of toast with something on, then the main course came on a huge plate and in the middle, so small you could barely see it, was a lamb chop, a few veg. with a tea spoon of sauce and that was it

That's when I decided to get a caravan or a motorhome
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Flippin heck I would never be able to do that I do meals in a frypan, pasta & rice dishes with various ready made sauces, and of course the trusty microwave comes in handy for the ready meals, like I said it's not gourmet cooking but at least I get a decent size meal.

I still remember a few years ago I was staying at a B&B near Derby, the lady did evening meals (Which is not usual in B&B's) she said she liked to cook gourmet food, well the starter was some tiny strips of toast with something on, then the main course came on a huge plate and in the middle, so small you could barely see it, was a lamb chop, a few veg. with a tea spoon of sauce and that was it

That's when I decided to get a caravan or a motorhome
anything I can cook at home I can cook in the caravan I just like cooking and don't see any reason not to do it. That was in an old oven with no thermostat too.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 09:40 PM

That was in an old oven with no thermostat too.
Well done, maybe one day I will be lucky enough to pitch up alongside you, and if so I would be delighted to try some of your cooking
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

09-04-2012, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Well done, maybe one day I will be lucky enough to pitch up alongside you, and if so I would be delighted to try some of your cooking
only if you can use a BBQ spent 3 hrs tying to cook 7 sausages
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 10:30 PM

Thats what I thought too Barry, we always had a caravan when the children were at school.It was a bit like the TA. My husband made out a detail, the children took it in turns to get water and take the rubbish, I cooked and he washed up,on holiday we were allowed to not do it to counting,you know ... set the table 23 take the rubbish45 etc.... No I made that bit up.!We were rigimented, really.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2012, 10:32 PM

My children could belong to the library but I had to wipe the books with a cloth dipped in disinfectant whilst wearing gloves.
Terencefw.GC1
walsall. uk
Terencefw.GC1 is male  Terencefw.GC1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2012, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I'm a CC member and use their sites almost exclusively as we go away around eight times a year.. Spotlessly clean facilities and around £16 per night high season. What more could you want...

We are off to Sandringham the first week in May for five days, the first trip of the season and can't wait...
My Wife and I love all the cc sites we have been to, but we seem to come back to those no facility ones which seem to be popular with older couples with a dog, not child in tow oh yes our fav one is Bromyard down. great views and dog walking
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2012, 08:48 PM

Whilst I like the idea of being served I'm not keen on being told I have to be there between such and such a time and the beds in the caravan can be either 2 singles or kingsize double.

The hotels that we use you can have a meal at any time of the day 24/7, as for the beds they are what you choose.
Dont get me wrong, my daughter is a CCM and often goes off for week-ends and every year they go to France to visit relatives, who were killed in WW1, graves.
It is just that I do like my comforts and being waited on.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top