Join for free
Page 31 of 70 « First < 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 12:10 PM

Re: Gay marriage

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
What do you all think of this now becoming legal? Personally I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I may be old fashioned but don't think it right it is not natural in the order of things. This is something that doesn't happen in the animal world.

Liberation as in equal pay for women and equal rights yes, but man marrying man or woman marrying woman does not sit comfortably with me, it is a step too far

To my mind marriage is man and woman, that is not to say at the end of the day it is up to individual to make up their minds
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 12:34 PM

YES,You are old Fashioned...and YES, it does happen in the Animal World...Sheep (Rams) especially.:~)...But of course Animals don't marry.!!
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 01:02 PM

Here's my view... The idea of Gay sex makes me cringe.. It's really really, for lack of a better word, icky.. I do NOT want to think about it..

That said... it's also none of my business. I don't care what other people like or do... Just so long as I don't have to watch them. As far a gay marriage? So what?! If they want to get married let them. Everyone should have the right to marry who they love. It's not going to affect me or my marriage. No one is going to force anyone to leave their mates and marry someone of the same sex. I'm not sure why people get all bent out of shape about it.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I may be old fashioned but don't think it right it is not natural in the order of things. This is something that doesn't happen in the animal world.

Liberation as in equal pay for women and equal rights yes, but man marrying man or woman marrying woman does not sit comfortably with me, it is a step too far

To my mind marriage is man and woman, that is not to say at the end of the day it is up to individual to make up their minds
What does it matter to you? YOU don't like it... So what! It's not your business..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
What does it matter to you? YOU don't like it... So what! It's not your business..
He is entitled to give his opinion, as the OP asked for ......
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 01:41 PM

There are so many homosexuals these days. it just seems to me that a lot of the young ones are getting on the band wagon so to speak.as nearly every other person it seems is gay or have practiced love making with the same sex.
I was surprised to discover that one of my nieces is a lesbian.
I accept homosexuality as long as they don't flaunt their sexuality, like some do but I believe sex should be for man and woman.
If we were all homosexual we would become extinct.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 01:44 PM

Gay marriage, religion, politics are all subjects not to be discussed with people with such a range of views.

I believe that anyone who asks a question like the original poster, is actually looking for confrontation. She has, it turned out very strong views on gay marriage. Whereas she said at the beginning of the thread she was not sure how she felt about it. She knew exactly what she felt about it, but felt it necessary for someone else to put her views forward first.

The truth is Audrey is right. It isn't anyone else's business. This question 50 years ago when I married a 'coloured man' would have been 'should white's marry black people?' I've learned over the years to live and let live and to mind my own business and although I am not religious I never cast the first stone.

As for what is natural you should never assume that anything is unnatural. None of us are in a position to know what is natural or unnatural.

We had to very gay male cats and I have seen two very gay female dogs. One of the dogs had a phantom pregnancy.
AudreyII
USA

12-09-2014, 02:25 PM

For those feeling the being Gay is a choice and is not inborn..

When did you make the decision to be straight?

Leave folks alone.. to be happy and live how they want. It takes nothing away from anyone else.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 04:17 PM

Well said Audrey there are a lot of horrors in this life being gay is not one of em
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 04:33 PM

I have both gay and lesbian friends and they are amongst some of the nicest people I know.

Page 31 of 70 « First < 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top