Join for free
Page 32 of 70 « First < 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 05:24 PM

Re: Gay marriage

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
What does it matter to you? YOU don't like it... So what! It's not your business..
Are all Americans so aggressive towards anyone expressing their own opinion?.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
The truth is Audrey is right. It isn't anyone else's business. This question 50 years ago when I married a 'coloured man' would have been 'should white's marry black people?' I've learned over the years to live and let live and to mind my own business and although I am not religious I never cast the first stone.

As for what is natural you should never assume that anything is unnatural. None of us are in a position to know what is natural or unnatural.
A great post Cate who is to say just what is 'natural' .

For me 'natural' is that each person finds someone to love regardless of their sex or colour in that short period of time we call a lifetime .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 07:06 PM

If it isn't anyone elses business then the OP should not have posted the question as it is controversal.
My reply was a direct answer to the original post, not for other peoples opinion about my own.

Unfortunately with long a large number of replies so often the original posting is overlooked.

Maybe if everyone just answered the first question only, and not remarked on followup replies that would prevent any upset.

Think about it
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Would you have mentioned my nationality if I was NOT American?? lol!!!
GrumpyOldMan
USA
GrumpyOldMan is male  GrumpyOldMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 07:25 PM

No, we're not.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
If we were all homosexual we would become extinct.
Maybe that's kind of the point (not extinction but population reduction). There is a theory (The Gaia Hypothesis) which postulates that the earth (as personified in Gaia) is a self-regulating mechanism. Maybe increasing levels of non-reproductive sexuality (although I have no idea if homosexuality is actually increasing or if it is more visible because it is more acceptable), is a response to the increasing overcrowding of our planet - Gaia's way of reducing population growth.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 07:49 PM

Ok.. let's go with the premise that marriage should only be between a man and a woman because of procreation. Marriage is meant for those that can produce children together.. Obviously gays should not marry, because they cannot have children.

Therefore, anyone over child bearing age should not be allowed to marry either.. I mean.. two 50 or 60 year olds cannot make babies... man/women not withstanding. People over child bearing age should only be allowed "partnerships" or "unions" and definately not be allowed to marry.

Obviously I an joking.. but you get my meaning.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 09:22 PM

Bit racist.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 09:43 PM

Cookiecat, you say I have strong views on gay marriage. I do not. I was just asking for other people's views. I have a family member who is gay, also a godson who is also gay. They are 2 of the nicest people I have met.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
Cookiecat, you say I have strong views on gay marriage. I do not. I was just asking for other people's views. I have a family member who is gay, also a godson who is also gay. They are 2 of the nicest people I have met.
You stated in your opening post that you were not sure how you felt... after all the replies do you still feel the same?

Page 32 of 70 « First < 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top