Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 08:46 AM

Re: Iraq

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Send in the SAS? well perhaps now at least our troops get respect. I knew a chap who had trained with them and was sent on a covert operation somewhere around Thailand.
Errrr I'm not sure I understand this. Are you suggesting we should have defence forces so we can just admire them? Pay for their training, accommodation etc etc and not use them when needed? Isn't that what they are there for??? Strangely, I thought that was the case...........and I think that's the case now...........use them to fight. As for respect - we tend to take them for granted but do respect them for being ready to defend their country............and that's what I'd like to see now.

Very sorry to know about your injured friend - there seem to be a number of opportunities for injured forces personnel but maybe it doesn't apply in all cases.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Seems that there are attempts to intervene via the people who are funding ISIS - supposedly in Qatar and Saudi.
As it doesn't seem to be working too well..........I think we should send in the SAS and exterminate them!
I've read recently that the original, covert funding to these lunatics came mainly from Saudi Arabia, Qatar & Bahrain and it's well-known yet we still happily trade with all three countries.

By the way, the people going on these black ops are volunteers it seems - and they're queueing up for a chance to kill these IS thugs. stevmk2
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 11:50 AM

So......?? NOW are y'all coming out to play along side us? Time to squash these monsters.

Looks like the Ausies are in. France too. Germany? not so much.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Send in the SAS? .
They will be there already.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 05:04 PM

Audrey, do you remember this: -

Well, come on mothers throughout the land,
Pack your boys off to Vietnam.
Come on fathers, don't hesitate,
Send 'em off before it's too late.
Be the first one on your block
To have your boy come home in a box.

I have no wish to see anyone's boys coming home in a box any more than I was back then but inevitably some are going to die "squashing these monsters".

I just hope it's far less than we fear and they take out at least 100 for every one then kill. stevmk2
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
So......?? NOW are y'all coming out to play along side us? Time to squash these monsters.

I find that attitude and particularly that phrase "y'all coming out to play along side us?" extremely offensive.

You make it sound like a game of cards - this isn't a game and I certainly hope we don't get "in" with the Americans ever again. It may be hard for you to understand that we're less than enthusiastic about U.S. dominance and frequently irritated by U.S. hypocrisy. I know you're allergic to criticism, so I haven't gone all out to say what I'd like but if you don't like anything I've said, that's your problem, so tough!
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 06:14 PM

So......?? NOW are y'all coming out to play along side us? .
I can remember when you played against us, you didn't have your war on terror when the Americans were funding the IRA.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 06:33 PM

Think its much more important that Obama gets more of the world powers on side such as China and Russia who are also have trouble with Muslim extremists.

It just cant be left to NATO alone.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

14-09-2014, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
I can remember when you played against us, you didn't have your war on terror when the Americans were funding the IRA.
Yup - never forget.........London became virtually off limits....
and lest we forget "any nation that continues to harbor or support terrorism will be regarded by the United States as a hostile regime." and..... "And we will pursue nations that provide aid or safe haven to terrorism. Every nation in every region now has a decision to make: Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists"

Israel........?
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 07:02 PM

When will I EVER learn to stay out of this subforum.... lol!!!!!! I have to say that I have gotten a whole DIFFERENT view of the British after participating here.. It's been quite disappointing AND eye opening. I'm always telling others about it.. because some here STILL think the Brits LIKE us..

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top