Join for free
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 09:58 PM

New Dentures phase one

I had my first meeting with my Prostadontist.. (Dr.Anne) today. We had a nice chat about what I wanted, and then she took some X-rays.. Only three needed as I only have 8 teeth on top. She agrees that those 8 teeth cannot be saved in any way.

Then she took a whole bunch of impressions.... top.... bottom and one of my present bottom plate. She did conclude that fitting me properly was going to take some patience as I have what is considered a Grade4 level of bite.. IE... top end of difficult to fit. I go back in a week for more impressions and then she will make an immediate top denture which I will wear with my present bottom denture.

While I am healing, she will work on my permanent top and bottom dentures.. I'll be getting those after the New Year. It's better this way as then she can really work on fitting my jaws without teeth and my gums will heal on top.

I should be getting my teeth extractions in about a month. Cost.. Somewhere around $6000.00 Or in your neck of the woods.. about 3,700 pounds. I think it will be money well spent to get a really perfect fit.. and some nice looking teeth that will give me a younger look and fill out my face properly. I'm so glad I'm doing this. It's long over due. (said with a modest amount of apprehension for sure)

also.. they type of denture she is making will give me the option of adding implants to "click" on the denture more securely if I decide I need that.. Another $4,000, but I'm going to give the non-click on type a good try first. The other can be done down the road..
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 10:11 PM

Re: New Dentures phase one

My very best wishes to you Audrey and hope it all goes to plan, your prostadontist ......we don't have then here, as far as I know sounds great. She is certainly doing a thorough job.

I think that if you have been meaning to have such major work done for a long time i's a relief to finally get on with it and I'm sure it will be well worth it.

Dental work is very expensive here too. I have a 'bridge' which I've had for nearly 20 years and they generally need replacing after that amount of time so I will have to empty my savings when the time arrives.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 10:24 PM

As you know ive had Dental treatment in the past few months ,teeth out and a denture with 6 teeth on in .. Im wishing you all the best ,
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 10:40 PM

Thanks Eliza.. I know people that claim to have new dentures for as little as $700.. I imagine you get what you pay for. I think you may have Prostadontists in the UK... that just means they specialize in dentures, bridges and implants.. Maybe they have a different name there.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 10:55 PM

Our dentists tend to do that as part of their job A, we do have orthodontists who deal with braces etc and correcting a bite.
I had all my work done by the dentist.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 10:57 PM

Wishing you all the best with your dental treatment Audrey, I hope it all goes well for you.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2014, 10:58 PM

Just the NHS Dentist i went to Audrey , I once was a private patient ,but gave it up as the prices rose.
There is a implant,cosmetic dDentist in my village also , and i did consider implants ,but the money was spent else where .
I did like the idea of using implants with false teeth at the time .but now im happy with what ive got , When i put them in ..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top