Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 12:57 PM

Guardsman 'had to dance'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nce-stunt.html

When I read this initial story - I thought great, what's wrong with a little entertainment and must have looked very funny with that uniform, especially the hat
Now - he's in big trouble - is that fair - should a warning have been enough .......?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 01:06 PM

Re: Guardsman 'had to dance'

Those guardsmen are there for a purpose and that is to guard the palace,hes not guarding it when hes dancing , this country is on a Terrorist Alert ,hes let himself and his fellow soldiers down ..he should get dismissed from that duty and never allowed to do it again ,..give him a job of lesser degree.Thats my opinion .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 01:16 PM

Without a doubt he was bound to get into trouble. I can't help thinking its a shame though. He's hardly committed murder. Makes him seem more human, as opposed to a dressed up dummy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 01:24 PM

Well I didn't realise it was such a 'serious' position these guards had.
Thought they were there purely for the attraction reasoning, didn't realise their guns were loaded
Pity - maybe they should re-think and have a bit of both ...
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Well I didn't realise it was such a 'serious' position these guards had.
Thought they were there purely for the attraction reasoning, didn't realise their guns were loaded
Pity - maybe they should re-think and have a bit of both ...
That's what I always thought.. How effective would they be in actual combat against a terrorist attack on the palace in that outfit? Isn't their presence more of a tradition rather than actual guarding?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 03:02 PM

I thought the video had been photoshopped.

If not for the guardsmen it's all about the principle of having the discipline to follow instructions to the letter.
He may be assigned to palace duties at the moment but it may be a tour of duty in a war zone next week where deviation from orders can cost lives.

I hope he gets a good ticking off.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-09-2014, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I thought the video had been photoshopped.

If not for the guardsmen it's all about the principle of having the discipline to follow instructions to the letter.
He may be assigned to palace duties at the moment but it may be a tour of duty in a war zone next week where deviation from orders can cost lives.

I hope he gets a good ticking off.
Well I wish I'd known it was such a serious position - I wouldn't have gone up and tickled one - had I known
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 03:35 PM

More shocking to me than a dancing solder was when the queen's bedroom had an intruder. How that managed to happen actually beggars belief.

I've no doubt that the solder will not only get a ticking off, but will probably be dismissed.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 03:37 PM

Son was your gun loaded?

Yes Sir

Son were you ready to shoot? Yes Sir

Son what you did amused many tourists but listen-you do that ever again and your arse is mine,

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

YES SIR

Now clear off and don`t be so stupid again-Dismissed
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-09-2014, 03:37 PM

Well the crowd enjoyed it ......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top