Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2011, 01:06 PM

Re: The Greatest

Originally Posted by plantman ->
It's a fact that Man has never lacked ingenuity when it comes to harming other beings.
Yes, humans (As I prefer to call them) are basically killers and if not actual killers they are liars, cheats, fraudsters, and bullies. But, that's how they got to be the largest population on Earth.

There are far fewer good honest people on this planet than you might imagine. I can't wait for some species from a far off universe to decide that enough is enough and eliminate the bad humans entirely I'm sure they have the technology, they just can't be bothered at the moment
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2011, 01:59 PM

But what if that species was even worse than humans Losos and had attained their status in their world in exactly the same way as humans. Unless of course you are referring to divine intervention.

PS I don't think humans are the largest species to populate this earth.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2011, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
But what if that species was even worse than humans Losos and had attained their status in their world in exactly the same way as humans. Unless of course you are referring to divine intervention.

PS I don't think humans are the largest species to populate this earth.
Sorry, you are absolutely right, rats are probably the largest, unles you count insects (I was thinking of warm blooded creatures) in which case it might be ants or cockroaches

A species worse than humans OMG you've been watching repeats of Alien with Sigourney Weaver on the TV again haven't you
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2011, 01:36 PM

Could well have Losos
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2011, 03:07 AM

Though the question asked for the greatest inventions I'll say I'm grateful for some amazing medical procedures, 2 in particular: laser vision correction which took me from 20/600 to 20/20 back in 1998, and particularly for In-Vitro Fertilization which gave me my children in 1985 (all 3 of 'em at once!).
GOG
Northumberland UK
GOG is male  GOG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2011, 11:11 AM

For me in medicine, first it has to be the discovery of penicillin and the subsequent development of broad spectrum anti-biotics. These have saved countless thousands of lives over the last eight decades.

Second I would put the discovery and development of vaccination. This has brought many diseases, which used to be killers, under control and has also saved countless thousands of lives.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2011, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by dragon ->
Sure would be-Ice as far as you can see!!!!
Wonderful!!!! - just the thing to go in my Gin & tonic!!!
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

16-05-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Though the question asked for the greatest inventions I'll say I'm grateful for some amazing medical procedures, 2 in particular: laser vision correction which took me from 20/600 to 20/20 back in 1998, and particularly for In-Vitro Fertilization which gave me my children in 1985 (all 3 of 'em at once!).

That`s amazing Annie , well done you x x x

How the heck did ya cope with three of the lil effers ( ) all at once ?

Is your sight still good even now , cos i`ve been told you can only get the procedure done once , is that right ?
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->

That`s amazing Annie , well done you x x x

How the heck did ya cope with three of the lil effers ( ) all at once ?

Is your sight still good even now , cos i`ve been told you can only get the procedure done once , is that right ?
I had training as a nursery school teacher so that helped a bit. Luckily my 3 were good babies, no colic or health issues and I really enjoyed it all. I got super-organized, developed a better sense of humour, and lowered my housekeeping standards. They were even good teenagers and, as their dad walked out when they were 13, the four of us ran the household together and weathered all the lows. The girls will be 26 this year and live in different cities now of course, getting on with their own careers.

Yes, my eyesight is still good. A few years ago I started to wear reading glasses which they tell me is due to muscles around the eyes relaxing as we get older. I was 20/20 in one eye and 20/15 in the other when last tested.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

17-05-2011, 02:34 PM

Sounds like you and your daughters are very well adjusted and connected Annie and you have every reason to be very proud of them and yourself x x

Thats great news about your eyes .. I must look into this more - see what I did there ? - ....... ( Boom Boom ) ..........

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top