Join for free
Dolce
South Africa
Dolce is female  Dolce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2011, 07:32 PM

Municipal referendum in South Africa

On the 18th of this month we're going to the voting polls.
That's all everyone talks about while all political parties are hanging their dirty laundry in public.
The funniest story is the "open toilet saga" which started in the Cape.

I don't know if other countries have political issues about open toilets but it sure is entertaining.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/art...he-toilet-saga
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

12-05-2011, 09:43 PM

Re: Municipal referendum in South Africa

Originally Posted by Dolce ->
On the 18th of this month we're going to the voting polls.
That's all everyone talks about while all political parties are hanging their dirty laundry in public.
The funniest story is the "open toilet saga" which started in the Cape.

I don't know if other countries have political issues about open toilets but it sure is entertaining.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/art...he-toilet-saga

Ha Ha Ha ............. Great stuff and some of the comments underneath are very funny ...........
Dolce
South Africa
Dolce is female  Dolce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2011, 10:09 PM

Re: Municipal referendum in South Africa

Politics is not my forte but off late South African politics is very entertaining!

Our most infamous politician is Julius Malema, the (30 year old) leader of the Youth league. He won't refrain from singing "kill the farmer, kill the boor".
Now the 'boors' got on the band wagon and one of our local male artists wrote a song using the 'kaffir' word ... which is not going down well. Malema's defense for singing "kill the farmer" is that it's part of the ANCs 'history' ... and our white boor singing about the 'kaffir' is using the same defense.

Who knows where this circus will end!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top