Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2011, 10:47 PM

Re: May 21 Rapture?

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I firmly expect to see you o9n here tomorrow, Mags!
Thank you Eileen, I feel a lot better for that!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2011, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Not heard this news......did he say how it was going to end? Would just like to prepare myself for this
Well I gather the faithful will be 'raptured' into heaven on May 21 at 6 pm, and the rest of us will endure earthquakes til October when all of creation goes up in flames.

For my part I expect we'll all be on forums tomorrow and I'll post any explanations I find - assuming the fellow who started this speaks up about why he isn't keeping company with St. Peter- yet.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2011, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Well I gather the faithful will be 'raptured' into heaven on May 21 at 6 pm, and the rest of us will endure earthquakes til October when all of creation goes up in flames.

For my part I expect we'll all be on forums tomorrow and I'll post any explanations I find - assuming the fellow who started this speaks up about why he isn't keeping company with St. Peter- yet.
Thanks Annie Jack....least I've got time before October to enjoy the summer months....
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2011, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Thanks Annie Jack....least I've got time before October to enjoy the summer months....
That's the spirit! Stay positive.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2011, 11:41 PM

He'll probably say what he said last time the end days didn't come, it was, erm, a slight miscalculation in his figures ....
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2011, 08:27 AM

Wonder if they paid cash for theses

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2011, 09:34 AM

I think I'll have an extra sandwich and an extra big cream cake at tea, just in case....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2011, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Wonder if they paid cash for theses

No way Galty, I mean would you ?
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

21-05-2011, 01:04 PM

From Yahoo News:

"..When judgment day comes -- which some US Christian fundamentalists insist will happen on Saturday -- have you thought about what you're going to do with the family dog and cat?

In 26 US states, you could have them rescued and adopted by enterprising atheists who have set up a business to care for the animal companions of any Christians who are selected to go to heaven when Jesus Christ comes back.

"You've committed your life to Jesus. You know you're saved. But when the Rapture comes, what's to become of your loving pets who are left behind?" Eternal Earth-Bound Pets says on its website, offering to "take that burden off your mind."

The post-doomsday pet rescue service already has 259 clients, who have paid $135 for the first pet and $20 for each additional pet at the same address, to ensure the faithful animal companions are looked after and loved even when their Christian owners have gone to the other side.

All the rescuers are sworn atheists, which means they will definitely be left behind on Earth, ready to rescue pets after the Rapture, which one US Christian fundamentalist group has penciled for Saturday.

When judgment day happens, Eternal Earth-Bound Pets co-founder Bart Centre "will notify all of our rescuers to go into action and they will drive to the homes of anyone who's signed a contract with us, pick up their pets and take them home and adopt them as their own, keeping them happy and healthy for the rest of their lives.

"This will happen only if and when the Rapture happens. So we do not expect to have to do anything on Saturday," Centre told AFP.

Contracts are good for 10 years, just in case the Mayan calendar prophesy, which predicts the world will end in December next year, comes true." lol
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2011, 06:12 PM

Well it's 6.10pm and I'm still alive and kicking!

Do you think we should have a roll call to ensure no-one has been whisked off?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top