Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 06:49 AM

Re: Global warming?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I know it's a purely hypothetical question, but given the choice, would you seriously want to leave the planet you're on?
Definitely not!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 07:01 AM

I don't know what is causing the strange weather conditions we have had over they past few years, but I am, prepared to agree that human activities could be causing it!

Global worming is affecting the hotter, drier summers we are having, which reduce water supplies and cause fires... but it is also affecting temps in the winter & that is why we are having so many floods, which also takes the lives of humans and other creatures!

It does make me think though, that young people who moan about the Brexit vote are being a bit naive, when their greatest danger is the changing weather conditions that their ancestors may have created.
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

24-07-2018, 07:10 AM

I'm not convinced about global warming being caused by man.

There have been changing weather patterns for centuries. I always laugh when someone says its been the hottest for 50 years, in the whole scale of things its just a drop in the ocean.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 08:59 AM

Funnily enough there were two programmes on TV last night whilst this was being discussed on here.

Firstly, Prof Brian Cox told how the sun is getting hotter and hotter until eventually it will implode then die, so I don't think global warming has anything to do with man.

The second programme was called 'The One way Astronaut'. An entrepreneur plans to send four people to Mars in five years time on a one way ticket. The reason NASA has not yet sent people to Mars is because they don't know how to get them back, so this guy has ignored that bit.

After two years, another two people would be sent and then another forty over the following years. So far, he has had over 10,000 replies from people who would love to go and never come back.

Interestingly, the programme also mentioned that a set of new laws would have to be created so that they could be applied to life on a new planet.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Panda ->
I'm not convinced about global warming being caused by man.

There have been changing weather patterns for centuries. I always laugh when someone says its been the hottest for 50 years, in the whole scale of things its just a drop in the ocean.
Well scientists are certain that we are destroying the Ozone layer and we do create lots of unnatural gases in the things we use, so I would rather believe them, than people who just don't want to admit that they may be destroying life on this planet!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well scientists are certain that we are destroying the Ozone layer and we do create lots of unnatural gases in the things we use, so I would rather believe them, than people who just don't want to admit that they may be destroying life on this planet!
I don't think we are helping the situation Twink.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

24-07-2018, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't think we are helping the situation Twink.
I agree! I think there are bigger factors influencing our weather, but we are doing nothing to help!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-07-2018, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree! I think there are bigger factors influencing our weather, but we are doing nothing to help!
I believe we are speeding up our own demise (along with a lot of wildlife) whereas the planet itself will do what was intended.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 10:26 AM

It does feel as though the sun is getting hotter and brighter but i thought the implosion was predicted in millions of years. Unless of course their calculations were off...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2018, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I believe we are speeding up our own demise (along with a lot of wildlife) whereas the planet itself will do what was intended.
I don't think we have helped but i also think there is not much we can do. Humans should be planning how to get to another planet. But if the sun dies it would have to be another solar system.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top