Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 05:23 PM

Re: Teachers

Originally Posted by MickB ->
..and get out of the appalling self serving corrupt EU
..Absolutely Mick !
I voted No when we went in...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nuttygran ->
Just a nightmarish thought, we may have had Tony & Mrs Blair as President & first lady They'd just love that..
To quote Pygmalion "Not bloody likely". I'd organise a second revolution agin it. Likewise Brown, Cameron and Clegg.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Joe, I was not abusing you it was a tongue in cheek comment.

Lichtenstein is a bigger tax haven (better interest rates) than Jersey or the Isle of Man

Dont you know that the most evil dictators in history have come from Republic country's.

The Royalty also bring in trade to our country not just Tourism.
Give me Royalty over Presidency any day.
That may very well be true Antibrown, but then Lichtenstein is NOT part of the UK, whereas the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are and therefore as part of the uk should be subject to same laws as the rest of us, including tax rates.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

29-06-2011, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
One point I would like to make about the Royals is that these days they do not govern/run the country - the modern monarch is a figurehead and is supposed to be non-political these days - a presidency does govern and is elected. Quite a difference I think.
It is perfectly possible to have an elected President who is but a mere figure-head and has no political responsibilities whatsoever.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
It is perfectly possible to have an elected President who is but a mere figure-head and has no political responsibilities whatsoever.
I can't see the point of that - it's a bit like electing a milk monitor at school to me.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

29-06-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I can't see the point of that - it's a bit like electing a milk monitor at school to me.
Better a non-executive President who can be voted out of office from time to time than an ignoramous that is there merely because he or she came from a very privileged family, like f'r instance Charlie the Turd!!!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
That may very well be true Antibrown, but then Lichtenstein is NOT part of the UK, whereas the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are and therefore as part of the uk should be subject to same laws as the rest of us, including tax rates.
Actually they are not, they are Crown dependencies.

They have no elected MPs in the UK parliament
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

30-06-2011, 07:08 AM

Part of the UK or Crown Dependencies = same difference - they should still be subject to the same tax laws as the rest of us and close the tax loop-hole that exists which permits £Billions to be syphoned off from the Uk.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2011, 08:01 AM

Today we find out who are dedicated teachers, the ones who put our childrens education first, and who are just there for the job and money, those who strike for their own greed and do not care about the consequencies to the country.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

30-06-2011, 08:17 AM

To all those Public Sector workers on strike today I say "Good Luck, more power to your elbow" and if your actions cause a split in the coalition which ultimately results in bringing down this reactionary government then so much the better.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top