Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 08:47 AM

Re: Question

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes Comrade Hell, pass me my T.72 & AK.47 and we'll begin.

Your day has long gone and I doubt if it would ever have happened.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
You have to be joking.

Think Wilson describe him as insane when he was a minster in Wilsons Goverment

If you ever properly listen to his rantings they all talk down to you and basically make no sense to a moderately thinking person that is
I never thought he talked down to people Galty. I have always thought he was one of the more honest and trustworthy politicians. When did Harold Wilson describe him as insane - and over what?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I never thought he talked down to people Galty. I have always thought he was one of the more honest and trustworthy politicians. When did Harold Wilson describe him as insane - and over what?

Over his thoughts of "workers control industry"

From memory Benn got the idea after he visted the Triumph factory which was a workers co op and funded by the tax payer, Wilson was reported to have said that Benn had gone insane.

nearest link I could find....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4132603.stm
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 04:14 PM

You have to be joking.

Think Wilson describe him as insane when he was a minster in Wilsons Goverment

If you ever properly listen to his rantings they all talk down to you and basically make no sense to a moderately thinking person that is
Agree Galty, Ben was defiantly one of the original 'loony left' . I think he is in another world talking to himself and oblivious of others half the time.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 04:49 PM

Over his thoughts of "workers control industry"

From memory Benn got the idea after he visted the Triumph factory which was a workers co op and funded by the tax payer, Wilson was reported to have said that Benn had gone insane.

nearest link I could find....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4132603.stm
Wrong!!!! - Triumph factory had already gone to the wall, he helped establish the Meriden workers co-op in an attempt to save both the skills the workers had, and the factory. If saving workers jobs is insane, then more power to his elbow and I applaud him to the skies for trying.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

07-07-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Wrong!!!! - Triumph factory had already gone to the wall, he helped establish the Meriden workers co-op in an attempt to save both the skills the workers had, and the factory. If saving workers jobs is insane, then more power to his elbow and I applaud him to the skies for trying.

Officially known as.

Triumph Motorcycles (Meriden) Ltd
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 09:40 PM

I think there was definitely a clash of personalities between Harold Wilson and Tony Benn Galty, but in my eyes you don't always have to agree and follow your leader. There is nothing wrong in challenging if you believe it is the right thing to do. I honestly believe that Tony Benn was a genuine and honest politician - perhaps that was his handicap.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top