Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2011, 06:43 PM

Re: Sending a message to Murdoch

In the early eighties I was an Operations Manager for the countries largest News Wholesaler. This was when Murdock (spit and clear mouth) was moving out of Fleet Street into Wapping. You may remember the strikes and violence when he would only recognize the Electricians Union instead of the traditional printing union, SOGAT.

My depot was heavily picketed at least 3 times a week for the duration.
My staff, all union members, continued working and crossing the picked lines, ofter at personal risk.

I could write a book about what went on.

All this, just to make sure that you had your copy of the Sun every morning.

What happened when it was all over, Murdock put the distribution out to tender and we lost out big time. What an Ar**h**e.

A lot of people in Liverpool still will not buy the Sun, for 2 reasons, what they called the Liverpool fans following Hillsborough, and the amount of jobs he cost after what they had done for him.

A most despicable man.

Hit the bas*ard in the pocket don't buy ANY of his papers.

Trouble is the others are just as bad, they're all power mad...........
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
The News of The World is not a newspaper, its just a sleazy rag that revels in any sex scandal, or tittle tattle about celebs, and their so called indiscretions. I even remember growing up how it was regarded then as a muck raking paper. Agree about Murdoch, why should he have any more power than he already has? At least he's going to pay a helluva lot of dough for Sky, as their share price is zooming upwards all the time.
When I was young, it was called the twopenny (2d) liar.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2011, 10:26 PM

Here's part of the emergency debate in the commons:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14045566

Chris Bryant is keeping up the pressure - good man! (He's my local MP too!)

Talking of Chris, here he is sept 2010 giving that horrible kay burley a slap! (When all this first kicked off)

She deserved it the nasty wench!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

06-07-2011, 10:55 PM

Our local news tonight carried an interview with Graham Foulkes from Oldham, whose son David was killed at just 22 years old in the Edgware Road tube station bombing of 2005.

Mr Foulkes told of how he was contacted by the police on Tuesday night and informed that his phone had been hacked by The News Of The World after his details were found on a list as part of the ongoing inquiry in hacking claims.

He also said that he would refuse to meet with any of the 'newpapers' executives except Rupert Murdoch.
I would not hold your breath Graham as the only way to get his attention would be to drive his companies-in the UK at the very least-into the dust by a total boycott on the corporation.

Given the fickle nature of the people that buy the rubbish they produce and the seemingly unquenchionable thirst for all things sleazy, talentless and tasteless, I regret they will continue much as before

I was very moved by the calm dignity displayed by Mr Foulkes throughout the interview. His phrase of "wicked beyond wicked" to describe what has just been disclosed to him after all this time was a lesson in restraint that I for one would not have been capable of.

Bearing in mind that tomorrow is the anniversary of the atrocities it is perhaps even more poignant.

I cannot begin to understand how the family's of Milly Dowler, Holly Wells, Jessica Chapman, David Foulks and God knows who else, must be feeling at this time.

They have without a doubt been betrayed, not only by the scum journalists and professional snoops but more disconcerting by the police, the very agencies that are in place to protect them.

Any enquiry has to be public and root out everyone in the chain of corruption whatever the cost.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

07-07-2011, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Any enquiry has to be public and root out everyone in the chain of corruption whatever the cost.

Absolutely !

I agree 10000000%

It takes massive cojones to stand alone agaisnt those supposed to be in control but who use their power corruptly .

Is`nt it just a bugga that sometimes you are told that you cannot publicly question those in charge or the enforcements they weild ?
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
Absolutely !

I agree 10000000%

It takes massive cojones to stand alone agaisnt those supposed to be in control but who use their power corruptly .

Is`nt it just a bugga that sometimes you are told that you cannot publicly question those in charge or the enforcements they weild ?
I agree completely.

Just for once let justice be done and be seen to be done!

Let Murdoch, his cohorts and any corrupt police officers be brought to their knee!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 10:14 AM

I think the fall out from this is going to be huge, and i dont think it is going to stop with just this paper. Where someone is willing to pay for information there is always someone willing to accept the money.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 05:03 PM

NOTW is to shut down after Sunday.

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/news/artic...-sunday/12647/
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 05:14 PM

Only to be replaced by what? The Sun on Sunday? Ugh!

It's not enough - I think ALL of their profits to date should be taken - they've been making money out of this. I also think Murdoch should be held accountable - it's his paper after all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
NOTW is to shut down after Sunday.

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/news/artic...-sunday/12647/
James Murdoch coming out wearing a hair shirt 6 years too late impresses me not a jot particularly as it appear there is to be a Sunday Sun no revenue lost there then.

I see this as face saving/damage limitation process .

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top