Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 11:32 AM

Exciting Times

We seem to be living in exciting times, not content with Murdoch scandal and the resultant enquiries and Police investigations, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner himself is now a victim and has been forced to resign and his Deputy is also embroiled in this scandal and may also have to resign - gonna be an interesting few months. With any any luck it may also embroil Cameron himself and he too may have to resign. With a further bit of luck this may cause the collapse of the coalition and trigger another General Election perhaps in October - watch this space........
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 11:40 AM

Re: Exciting Times

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
We seem to be living in exciting times, not content with Murdoch scandal and the resultant enquiries and Police investigations, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner himself is now a victim and has been forced to resign and his Deputy is also embroiled in this scandal and may also have to resign - gonna be an interesting few months. With any any luck it may also embroil Cameron himself and he too may have to resign. With a further bit of luck this may cause the collapse of the coalition and trigger another General Election perhaps in October - watch this space........
I do hope not Uncle Joe, we're in a big enough mess. If the other lot get back in, we'll be in an even bigger one.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 12:08 PM

What was Stephenson doing excepting freebies from anyone , where are his brains . Yet again we see people in high places putting greed before integrity.

I bet Yates isn't feeling too comfortable in his chair this morning

It is quite convenient for some that Rebekah Brooks was arrested.She will now be able to say even less than she was going to at the committee hearing on Tuesday, it will allow a bit more time to see what does or doesn't come out ...
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 12:14 PM

The arrest of Brookes means that she will be very limited in what she can say tomorrow. I shrewd move by the Policia. Find out what she knows then work out how to cover it up.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by RockriderSpain ->
The arrest of Brookes means that she will be very limited in what she can say tomorrow. I shrewd move by the Policia. Find out what she knows then work out how to cover it up.
...just what I was thinking Alan and had added it to my post above .
There are a lot of scared rats scurrying around looking for something to hide under at the moment , do they really thing we the public are too stupid to notice
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 12:34 PM

There are certainly some murky waters up there at the top, and it really is starting to look like the falling out of thieves....makes you ashamed to be British...
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 12:42 PM

Yates really should resign. I despair for our country, when we expect the justice system to come down hard on even petty thieves, yet people with money and power simply don't know where to draw the line - in fact have no line - for themselves. Bribery & corruption is widespread, Where now is honour, or is it just another meaningless word? Yet I knew a police constable who when sent the gift of a bag of potatoes by his local farmer, refused it!
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.

18-07-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
There are certainly some murky waters up there at the top, and it really is starting to look like the falling out of thieves....makes you ashamed to be British...
No Uncle Tom, I'm not ashamed to be British but I'm ashamed that they are!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 02:17 PM

I hope the corruption is rooted out once and for all!

Although I'm not a fan of the tories, Cameron is probably the best of the lot tbh - I'd rather him than some militant twazok!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

18-07-2011, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
What was Stephenson doing excepting freebies from anyone , where are his brains . Yet again we see people in high places putting greed before integrity.

I bet Yates isn't feeling too comfortable in his chair this morning

It is quite convenient for some that Rebekah Brooks was arrested.She will now be able to say even less than she was going to at the committee hearing on Tuesday, it will allow a bit more time to see what does or doesn't come out ...
..that's quick it has just been announced Yates has gone having said he wouldn't be going
...any more ready to fall on their swords?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top