Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 09:08 AM

Re: Immigrants

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Good points are futile, when the Horse has bolted.
In which case, convert the now empty stable to social housing
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 11:00 AM

We need a proper visa system, bringing in people we need but not the criminals etc that seem to see us as an easy touch.

I've long worked with immigrants from various places, the idea we are lazy they are hard working isn't from my experience true, there are lazy Brits, hard working Brits and lazy and hard working immigrants. The one enormous difference is immigrants often ignore our rules so will work any number of hours and days, for less money, that doesn't mean they achieve more IMO just they work longer and slower from what I've witnessed.

Our aging population need supporting that can be done by taxation of those already here. If we had a government that wasn't fixated on low taxes it could be done.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Good points are futile, when the Horse has bolted.
Good point. Best just lie down and die!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 10:12 AM

Just reading a book about a post apocalyptic time in uk, made me think I hope other countries treat us better than we treat immigrants to here. We've been lucky so far not to be on that side of the argument.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 11:03 AM

I monitor Islamic atrocities on a daily basis. What is happening is the beginning of civil war in that atrocities are now being waged against followers of Islam themselves.

I have been keeping an eye on events for ages, but only recently have I seen people fighting back so to speak. Recently we had a van being driven into Muslims in the UK and now we have a similar incident in France. This is quite new as far as I can make out. This is the beginning of growing intolerance where people have deemed enough is enough.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/0...225904881.html

If the above continues to grow countries will become fractured. What does the future hold if it escalates? Simply really - wars, or one big war, and there are plenty of people willing to arm and cause unrest.

What the hell have we allowed to take shape?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I monitor Islamic atrocities on a daily basis. What is happening is the beginning of civil war in that atrocities are now being waged against followers of Islam themselves.

I have been keeping an eye on events for ages, but only recently have I seen people fighting back so to speak. Recently we had a van being driven into Muslims in the UK and now we have a similar incident in France. This is quite new as far as I can make out. This is the beginning of growing intolerance where people have deemed enough is enough.
I have been saying this for some time, that people are becoming fed up with the ongoing muslim terrorist activities.

Yes, they have had enough and, because the government appears to be doing nothing proactive, some are now taking the law into their own hands. Predictable and, in my opinion, understandable.

What should have happened already is that all known jihadists and overt sympathisers should have been interned in the first place and then, when their origin has been determined, deported if at all possible.

Until people see something along these lines being done, they will retaliate.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
I have two kids that could be members here.
They both have a girl and a boy each, thats 4 grandchildren.
One grand daughter has a daughter, her brother has twins.
The other grand daughter has three, two sons and a daughter.

The other kids are working on it......they started later.

I kept changing milkmen
Blimey, just thinking about it makes my head spin.

Mum and Dad came over from Southern Ireland during the 2nd world war and worked in the munitions factory in Reading.
Had seven kids, 6 brothers and moi,
I found that being feisty didn’t work with so much testosterone in the household so used guile instead to always get my way. Worked every time with daddy’s little princess. LOL.

Counting kids since then from myself and siblings (including children, grandchildren, great grandchildren, nephews, nieces, (including two adopted gorgeous 2 year old little girls of mixed race) to-date = 24 boys and 17 girls !! plus three current pregnancies, and not one of us or them to-date, thank the sweet Lord, have ever been dependent on state benefits. I really count our blessings.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Just reading a book about a post apocalyptic time in uk, made me think I hope other countries treat us better than we treat immigrants to here. We've been lucky so far not to be on that side of the argument.
Hi

In what way do we badly treat immigrants here Julie?

In a previous post on this thread you were complaining about them coming here and working long hours for very little money?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
That has been the case since the current Sunni v Shia conflict heated up in the 1960s. Certainly in terms of deaths, Muslims are by far the most numerous victims of their fellow believers. It has been estimated that some 10,000,000 muslims have been killed by their co-religionists since the 1960s.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top