Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 03:25 PM

Justice US Style

A pregnant woman was arrested in North Carolina on Wednesday after she reportedly mowed down an alleged thief with her SUV in a Walmart parking lot.

I am anticipating massive support for this lady on here.....go on....prove me wrong.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 03:47 PM

Re: Justice US Style

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
A pregnant woman was arrested in North Carolina on Wednesday after she reportedly mowed down an alleged thief with her SUV in a Walmart parking lot.

I am anticipating massive support for this lady on here.....go on....prove me wrong.
She doesn't get my support.

if she had been acting in self-defence....ie: he was trying to car-jack her then yes.....but she was in no danger.

What was she thinking of, leaving her purse in the car on view?

It doesn't say if she'd been in Walmart....if so why was her purse in the car?

Like my broken calculator....It doesn't add up.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 04:17 PM

Sounded like the scrote was a waste of space that wanted running over, she is obviously a public spirited lady that felt she was doing society a good turn, so good on 'er I say...

But seriously, she reacted in anger and although obviously in the wrong in the eyes of the law, it was a perfectly understandable reaction to events so I hope the law isn't too hard on her.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 04:45 PM

I couldn't care less really. He probably thought that a woman was an easy target and she wouldn't be able to stop him. It might make him think twice about doing it again. I don't really know what justice is like in America but over here he would have been seen as the victim.

What are your thoughts on it Bruv? Should we all feel sorry for him?
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 09:12 PM

I am all for the British way in that you can only use force appropriate to the threat......or something very similar.
She was well out of order and should be prosecuted to the max, and I think she might have been if it was in the UK, I think she will be awarded a upstanding citizen medal in the US of A.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 10:22 PM

Good. Flatten the sod and any like him.

Lets look at this from a different perspective.

They are trying their damndest to relieve people of gun ownership in the US. This will effectively render people defenceless in certain situations - as in when someone armed breaks into their home. Criminals will ALWAYS have access to guns in the US.

OK, I threw the above in as a bit of background info. Anyway, if you take Bruv's viewpoint you would have to wait until someone breaks into your home and then attempts to shoot you before defending yourself. In other words if you used a gun against an unarmed individual you would be screwed.

The guy doing the stealing is in the wrong. He stepped into the realms of the lawbreakers, so by this token alone anything goes. Mitigating circumstances can be worked out later on. She could have shot him come to that.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 10:28 PM

The rights and wrongs? I ain't got a clue, one thing for sure though, if you short cut justice, you need a good set of thugs, to back you up.
Bruv
Kent UK

01-07-2017, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Good. Flatten the sod and any like him.

Lets look at this from a different perspective.
Most American states have a "Stand your ground" law...........which means you can do what is needed to protect you and your property.

Chasing and running down a bag snatcher doesn't meet the criteria......I hope.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Most American states have a "Stand your ground" law...........which means you can do what is needed to protect you and your property.

Chasing and running down a bag snatcher doesn't meet the criteria......I hope.
Pity.

Fed up of the left view that defending yourself these days needs to be justified by all sorts of crap. Fed up of a lot of left, PC views - and thankfully many others are too.

Your mindset is numbered by all accounts. The pendulum is swinging the other way - thank God.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 10:48 PM

There is a flaw in that statement MKJ, in that you supposedly retain the ability to Run.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top