Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 02:16 PM

Re: Hello From The USA

Welcome, ezduzit! Glad to have another from stateside here, always a pleasure. Lots of games to try.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 05:20 PM

RN can i ask you a question please?

Why on earth do the build skyscraper buildings in New York with such a huge country they could build lots of ordinary 1 or 2 story buildings anywhere in the USA
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
RN can i ask you a question please?

Why on earth do the build skyscraper buildings in New York with such a huge country they could build lots of ordinary 1 or 2 story buildings anywhere in the USA
RS, our country is large, from coast to coast it is over 3,000 miles wide, and almost as deep. Much of the country does not have access to waterways for ships, cargo, imports and exports.
New York is a money city, for us and for most countries, financial institutions, so many businesses, almost 8 million people live in or near that city alone.

That being said, we use skyscrapers for quick access in business, instead of commuting across the country. It's logistics mostly.

Many countries have large skyscrapers in their more populated cities: Dubai, Rio de Janeiro, London, Ottawa, Geneva, and the list goes on. Also in any country, there are many rural areas with less population, more with regular buildings.

I hope I have given you something to compare us to, and food for thought. We are not unique at all.
ezduzit
USofA
ezduzit is male 

16-06-2021, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Welcome to this site of profound philosophical discussions ezduzit! Everybody is still in bed except for us antipodeans, so I thought I'd better render a greeting.
Thanks CM.
I figured as much, which is why I didn't visit this thread 'till this morning.
ezduzit
USofA
ezduzit is male 

16-06-2021, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Hello ezduzit.
There are some games here. What do you like?
Pretty much all the group participation word games and the like.

I've got a couple of them I found elsewhere that I may post after I've done a search to make sure someone else hasn't already posted them!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by ezduzit ->
Pretty much all the group participation word games and the like.

I've got a couple of them I found elsewhere that I may post after I've done a search to make sure someone else hasn't already posted them!
Good on you!
ezduzit
USofA
ezduzit is male 

16-06-2021, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->

...We are not unique at all.
In fact, it's even rather difficult to say 'unique New York' ten times in a row, fast!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 08:20 PM

I have been to the USA several, times but those skyscpers would make me feel hemmed and clostophobic. As for living in the sky if we were ment to we would have been given wings. No way would you get me up there rather sleep on the street
Right Now
upstate New York US

17-06-2021, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I have been to the USA several, times but those skyscpers would make me feel hemmed and clostophobic. As for living in the sky if we were ment to we would have been given wings. No way would you get me up there rather sleep on the street

As luck would have it, there is also room on the streets in the bigger cities.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top