Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 10:57 AM

Re: What word(s) do you use to desigante ..

We were never allowed to use anything but the correct terms. This extended to everyday things as well. When I was dispatched to school aged 4 and heard others referring to potties, chuff chuffs, pussies, bow wows, moo cows etc., it was like hearing a foreign language. It still makes me cringe when I hear adults using the word 'poo'.

Why teach a child a set of words that they will have to unlearn later - not logical.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
We were never allowed to use anything but the correct terms. This extended to everyday things as well. When I was dispatched to school aged 4 and heard others referring to potties, chuff chuffs, pussies, bow wows, moo cows etc., it was like hearing a foreign language. It still makes me cringe when I hear adults using the word 'poo'.
Jobbie. What a horrible word!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Jobbie. What a horrible word!
Good grief - that is even more cringe worthy!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 12:03 PM

In our household and in the immediate area in sarf London
Boys called their Willie's, " Willie's" !!
And the younger girls called their Lulu's Lulu !!
When they got older it changed to "fanny": for some unknown
reason ??

Donkeyman ! 👍🤔🤔👍
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
..your nether regions? This sprung to mind while reading another thread where a member is experimenting with not washing their entire body.

For my family, we use the term 'underside' and now I'm interested in how others refer to their groin/perineum/backside area. As a father to four daughters, a general term had to be found that left no doubt without being too graphic. This has been handed down and now my grandchildren also use this word.
Is it a word? Desigante?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 12:24 PM

In our family it was always Yiddish.

Tuches (various spelling) for backside, schlong for penis, and Schmundie for vagina (and surrounding territory). There were more offensive names but never used (twice) in front of parents!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 12:35 PM

My ex had a bit of a standing joke with the boys
They would use dafter and dafter names as the boys got older
A bit a man snigger thing was going on I think!
Started as bits.. went on to dangly bits... then tackle, etc
It stopped when they reached about 6 or 7 and were fully capable of ensuring their own bathing hygiene!

My daughter has always been immaculate in her own hygiene and cleanliness. I would sometimes say things like "make sure you wash absolutely everywhere" when she was in the bath..
Even though she was the youngest we used to share a smile and a roll of the eyes between us, when we heard the man and boys' giggles and guffaws at wash times!!

I agree with others on here that as an adult, it depends who you're talking to and under what circumstances as to what word you would use to refer to your genitals/genitalia.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 12:41 PM

This reminds me of the male waxing term "Back, Sack and Crack" which always makes me flinch slightly inside if I hear it spoken out loud or read it on salon literature!

I just did again...reading this back!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Why teach a child a set of words that they will have to unlearn later - not logical.

That is the problem with not teaching children the right word, as it often becomes a normal term in later life! Unfortunately the correct terms for poo , like excrement & faeces are rarely used, apart from medical people & are difficult for small children to say.
Most people understand what poo is, but some would use the alternative word which starts with sh.. and most would find that offensive.
If we want people to use the correct word we should make a greater effort to teach young children the right word, but have patience if they can't say it properly! Sadly there are pages of other words that people use for excrement , but most are other slang words and poo seems to be the most common, so that may end up being the regular word!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 12:51 PM

Undercarriage. Covers a whole (or Hole) load of naughty descriptions.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top