Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 10:59 PM

Benefits Britain, Life on the Dole

On the telly now, O.K it's a repeat, but thing that struck me second time round is how well rounded, and well behaved the numerous kids were, a credit to society.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 11:12 PM

Re: Benefits Britain, Life on the Dole

There is much uplifting stuff, in the most unlikely of places.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 08:29 AM

That's true Spittie - haven't seen this programme, but I have seen this in children, especially those with responsibilities .....
sandra
Bristol
sandra is female  sandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
That's true Spittie - haven't seen this programme, but I have seen this in children, especially those with responsibilities .....
The less they have the more they appreciate what they do get....The more they have the more they want..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by sandra ->
The less they have the more they appreciate what they do get....The more they have the more they want..
Very true gal - I've noticed it in particular with children carers, they are so extra special ........
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
On the telly now, O.K it's a repeat, but thing that struck me second time round is how well rounded, and well behaved the numerous kids were, a credit to society.
I once had the most delightful child knock on my door..father was a crazy biker who showed no interest...mother was only interested in where her next ciggie was coming from..

Anyway..he knocked my door..when I opened it he said ''Excuse me...but if David has left any of his tea..may I have it?''
I had the biggest lump in my throat ever..

''No, you may not have it'' I said, ''But if you tell your mother where you are, come back and I will cook you something''

He was a regular visitor after that..until social services took him into care..

I sometimes think about him..I hope he is happy and doing well!!...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
I once had the most delightful child knock on my door..father was a crazy biker who showed no interest...mother was only interested in where her next ciggie was coming from..

Anyway..he knocked my door..when I opened it he said ''Excuse me...but if David has left any of his tea..may I have it?''
I had the biggest lump in my throat ever..

''No, you may not have it'' I said, ''But if you tell your mother where you are, come back and I will cook you something''

He was a regular visitor after that..until social services took him into care..

I sometimes think about him..I hope he is happy and doing well!!...

Lovely gesture Lilac,lets hope your kindness gave his life balance and meaning.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

29-06-2014, 01:38 PM

Brought a tear to me eye - bless him, hope he went on to a happy life
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 07:04 PM

I salute you, Lilac. That was a treat to read when there is so much doom and gloom in the media.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

14-07-2014, 10:00 PM

Anyone seen tonight's episode, what about the geezer on the skateboard?.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top