Join for free
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 06:48 PM

Re: Last to post wins

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Don't worry Judd here is something for you too!
Thanks for that, I was feeling neglected.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 07:43 PM

Ah, so we're playing rough tonight are we?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Ah, so we're playing rough tonight are we?
An average night in the Twink cellar of doom.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Swannie148 ->
Mups you referring to this post.
His missus had made a wild swing
And tore off her wedding ring
"You randy git I have warned you before"

Mups when I came on that morning and logged into the Limericks thread this limerick came up. So I answered it. A computer glitch perhaps. Sorry for not explaining that at the time or deleting the incorrect thread. We blokes like you sheilas are only human.

Swannie, I hope you read this post because I would like to clear the air. It wasn't my intention to upset you.

Yes the post above was the one I was on about, but although Twink's definition of a limerick was right, it wasn't the length of the sentence you added that I was going to throttle you for. It was because you were on the wrong rhyme altoether - and it wasn't the first time either.

It throws me for a minute when I see you have gone back to a rhyme we had already finished and moved away from.
That's what I was on about.
I am sorry if I offended you.

. . . . but if you keep writing on the wrong rhyme, I will still throttle you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 12:24 AM

Right, having got that off me chest, I detect there are none of those pesky men about, so I shall trundle off to me bed and talk to me teddy - I get more sense out of him than the male pests in here, that's for sure.
I bid you goodnight.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Right, having got that off me chest, I detect there are none of those pesky men about, so I shall trundle off to me bed and talk to me teddy - I get more sense out of him than the male pests in here, that's for sure.
I bid you goodnight.

Very true!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 05:53 AM

OK - which one of you evil misbegotten male personages nicked my internet connection yesterday?? I bet it was Dongles!

Well - see here - you cannot keep a good woman down - I am back and am staying here - so clear off and play with the traffic!!!
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

18-06-2020, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
My post just gave the definition of what a limerick is, so it isn't rules & regulations it just helps the poem flow of the tongue easily. I wasn't criticizing, I was just trying to explain... sorry if it looked like criticism!
I like people from Cheshire Twinks (may I call you that) so no need for apology. I wont play if I spoil the flow.
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

18-06-2020, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
OK - which one of you evil misbegotten male personages nicked my internet connection yesterday?? I bet it was Dongles!

Well - see here - you cannot keep a good woman down - I am back and am staying here - so clear off and play with the traffic!!!
It was I Swannie the artful Aussie Tabby. I enjoyed your connection very much. Tho I dont think much of your choice of arvo shows on YouTube. Lost In Space.. really
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Swannie148 ->
I like people from Cheshire Twinks (may I call you that) so no need for apology. I wont play if I spoil the flow.
I would be happy for you to call me Twinks..... it is a lot better than some of the names the other men use on LTP!
This is just for you..

Swannie is a nice man from Oz
Who spoiled our poem because
His words were too long
So he made it sound wrong
But keep playing as you're one of us!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top