Join for free
Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 10:58 AM

Re: Over 50s Forum Plans for 2021! (Please read - contains important information)

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi everyone apologies , there is a problem with some email notifications since the server change, it should resolve itself ...
Thanks Meg, I thought it was me touching, ticking or deleting something I shouldn't have.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 11:45 AM

Re: Over 50s Forum Plans for 2021! (Please read - contains important information)

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I think the problem is more serious than just a notification problem. The lack of subsciption registrations to a thread is a far more serious problem affecting the usability of the whole forum in my opinion. I do hope it can be fixed.
Hi Bruce I tried sending you a PM but I see you are not accepting them.

In response to your concern, have you seen Azz's response to your query in Contact Staff?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 01:04 PM

Now the stupid thing is not letting me reply to a post.

A message keeps telling me my reply has to be more than 5 letters - and it is already about 40, yet I am still getting the same message.

Fed up with this.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 04:19 PM

Hi all,

I had to reset thread-subscription settings for everyone as gmail keeps returning email as possible spam - this often happens when you send large amounts of email from a new IP/server.

To help speed their review process up, and for those using gmail, perhaps you could email support@gmail.com (or whatever their support email is) to ask why they're not delivering all of your emails, and in particular, emails from over50sforum.com

The more people do that the quicker they will hopefully clear the domain/IP (otherwise it could take some weeks/even longer)...
MarciKS
Kansas USA
MarciKS is female  MarciKS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Hi all,

I had to reset thread-subscription settings for everyone as gmail keeps returning email as possible spam - this often happens when you send large amounts of email from a new IP/server.

To help speed their review process up, and for those using gmail, perhaps you could email support@gmail.com (or whatever their support email is) to ask why they're not delivering all of your emails, and in particular, emails from over50sforum.com

The more people do that the quicker they will hopefully clear the domain/IP (otherwise it could take some weeks/even longer)...
Forgive me but I don't understand what you're talking about here. I know I couldn't get on last night. But I don't understand what gmail has to do with it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 03:41 PM

I believe this question has arisen before, but I can't remember exactly where it was.

Since moves were made to make changes to the forum recently, I (and others) have found that the email reminders of responses to threads in which I have posted no longer arrive.

Of course, I understand that such things are inevitable when such changes are made, but it occurs to me that it may be my fault for neglecting to set up something in the forum settings.

Has anyone any idea whether the problem has been corrected and, if so, is there something I should do in the settings?

Many thanks.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 03:46 PM

I think Azz mentioned something about emailing Gmail support (or the support bit of whoever you use for email) and getting them to check. If you have everything ticked as before, it should settle down.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 03:53 PM

I only started getting some notifications this morning, nothing since.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 04:08 PM

Mine are intermittent; sometimes I get them, and sometimes I don't. I mostly don't.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 04:28 PM

Who are your email providers?

If it's gmail, please see this post:

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...91#post2116991

Page 12 of 14 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top