Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 09:26 PM

No talent "art""

The so-called abstract "art".
Seriously, folks, does anyone actually believe it takes any talent to randomly slap some paint on a canvas ? Even stranger, who would ever buy such garbage and then hang it on their wall ?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	28592517185_d3316d793c_b.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	15879   Click image for larger version

Name:	art-creative-painting-1189626.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	15880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Abstract-Painting-1.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	15881   Click image for larger version

Name:	4679496126_d9635e740b_b.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	15882  
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 09:41 PM

Re: No talent "art""

As someone who rates Tracey Emin as a credible artist..
I'm not even going there....

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 09:49 PM

Goes ok with modern houses.
Cheaper way is to let you three year old do it.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 09:54 PM

That's a rather harsh judgement, BM....it may not be to your taste (and these particular images are not something I would hang up either), but there is so much more to art and its process, than the finished piece.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 11:01 PM

I prefer paintings that look like something, scenic, portrait, still live, or animal. Though not a dead cow & certainly not an unmade bed or a wall.
Any of the old masters and Muddy.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
That's a rather harsh judgement, BM....it may not be to your taste (and these particular images are not something I would hang up either), but there is so much more to art and its process, than the finished piece.
More to art than the finished piece ? Really ? What might that be. Perhaps some wacko who writes critiques of "art" ?

I'd be willing to bet that most people could not tell the difference between a painting by a chimpanzee and one done by a so-called famous abstract artist.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 01:55 AM

Abstract art isn’t ‘no talent art.’ That’s just your biased opinion. Abstract art isn’t my cup of tea either. I don’t really see the talent in it like I do with other mediums but I still respect that it’s a recognized form of art.
bakerman
Mexico

12-06-2021, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Abstract art isn’t ‘no talent art.’ That’s just your biased opinion. Abstract art isn’t my cup of tea either. I don’t really see the talent in it like I do with other mediums but I still respect that it’s a recognized form of art.
A recognized form of art ? Hmm. That is precisely my point. Those alleged art critics are also brain washed nut cases.

There was a time when artists created masterpieces of beauty.
Now, all a so-called "artist" needs to do is come up with something new and the "art world" raves. Example" That person who suspended a crucifix in a bottle of urine. The N.Y. Times wrote an article filled with awe and admiration and the world beat a path to the artists door.
Nuts. Nuts, I tell you.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
More to art than the finished piece ? Really ? What might that be. Perhaps some wacko who writes critiques of "art" ?

I'd be willing to bet that most people could not tell the difference between a painting by a chimpanzee and one done by a so-called famous abstract artist.
Anyone remember one of the old Hammer Horror stories about precisely that?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->

Well yes...I'm no expert, but abstract art ( to me) is about the gestures of the strokes, the colours used, the emotion shown, the tools used (its not always a paintbrush).

And yes, there have been many paintings done by animals but without the thought process and choices behind it, the painting is just a series of marks and colour, guided by the human. But hey, if it looked nice and went with my living room, I would probably get one.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top