Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 08:11 AM

Re: No talent "art""

Abstract art had never been something I liked, but I can understand why some people like it.
The paintings you showed may appeal to people with modern houses, where the colours look good in some rooms.

At school I remember having a print of Picasso's abstract " girl with a pony tail" and I didn't like it at first ! It hung in one of the corridors that I walked down most days, and I found that over a couple of years I started to enjoy seeing it.
I admire the talent of people who can make paintings look like photos, but some people can see & admire what the painting is saying.
Bakerman, perhaps art it is a bit like women...if you lined up 100 different women & asked men which was the best, would they all choose the same or would some choose ones that the others considered unattractive?
It is all about personal choice!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 08:20 AM

Two paintings: one is by a human, and one is by a chimp.
Which is which. Hmm ?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	R98a98dc15edce2b4328567c288489a1c.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	15884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Red-Yellow-and-Brown-Detail-Original-Painting-by-Cheeta-the-Chimpanzee-2005-.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	15885  
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 08:29 AM

Well the one on the right looks a bit disorganised so I would probably say that one?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 08:30 AM

Paintings can be about effects and colours as well as recognisable subjects.

I wonder if one of the artists who produced those paintings were asked to paint a scene, person or landscape could they do it? If they could but just prefer to paint abstract pictures, then they are indeed still artists.

This could be the case with many abstract artists and their paintings.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Abstract art had never been something I liked, but I can understand why some people like it.
The paintings you showed may appeal to people with modern houses, where the colours look good in some rooms.

At school I remember having a print of Picasso's abstract " girl with a pony tail" and I didn't like it at first ! It hung in one of the corridors that I walked down most days, and I found that over a couple of years I started to enjoy seeing it.
I admire the talent of people who can make paintings look like photos, but some people can see & admire what the painting is saying.
Bakerman, perhaps art it is a bit like women...if you lined up 100 different women & asked men which was the best, would they all choose the same or would some choose ones that the others considered unattractive?
It is all about personal choice!
Kinda funny that you should mention Picasso. In my opinion, Picasso is the turning point where art took a decidedly downward turn for the worst and humanity, like lemmings to the sea, lost the ability to think for themselves.

One of Picassos paintings. personally. I think it looks like a painting by some insane person on LSD.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	R9aedec1865501dbe8c47d3237e43d690.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	15886  
bakerman
Mexico

12-06-2021, 08:33 AM

edit to delete
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 08:49 AM

I'm more of a Dali fan really....his work is quite surreal. Picasso is bright and colourful, but I wouldn't hang it up anywhere.
bakerman
Mexico

12-06-2021, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I'm more of a Dali fan really....his work is quite surreal. Picasso is bright and colourful, but I wouldn't hang it up anywhere.
I'm no great fan of Salvador Dali but at least you can tell what his paintings are supposed to be.

By the way, both of those paintings were done by chimps.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:15 AM

As abstract art goes, that's not bad but I agree with the Chimpanzee comment. In fact, I think it has been done and it fooled a lot of so called experts. Of course the chimp is no better or worse than a known artist except that the rich don't clamber to buy paintings painted by chimps.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:18 AM

Personally I dont get it. I could paint that and I cant draw or paint yet no one would buy mine. So how do they get famous in the first place.

Give me our own muddys art any day of the week. I eould pay good money for her work, I wouldn't pay £1 for any of those, but then, what do I know

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top