Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:18 AM

Re: No talent "art""

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I'm no great fan of Salvador Dali but at least you can tell what his paintings are supposed to be.

By the way, both of those paintings were done by chimps.
I doesn't surprise me that you said that, really. What was your point?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Personally I dont get it. I could paint that and I cant draw or paint yet no one would buy mine. So how do they get famous in the first place.

Give me our own muddys art any day of the week. I eould pay good money for her work, I wouldn't pay £1 for any of those, but then, what do I know
Its not about being "good" or "bad" at art, Queenie...there is no such thing (in my opinion). If you like it and want to look at it, then great. If you want to make art and enjoy doing do, then that's brilliant.

I agree that its all about the "name" though....if you come from a prestigious art school, you are more likely to get rich by selling stuff than if you were self taught. Just the way of the world I suppose!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:22 AM

The so-called abstract "art".
Seriously, folks, does anyone actually believe it takes any talent to randomly slap some paint on a canvas ? Even stranger, who would ever buy such garbage and then hang it on their wall ?
I quite like the second two, but I wouldn't pay anything for them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:25 AM

The paintings themselves are worthless. People used to pay good money for paintings by Rolf Harris until he got caught, then they were instantly worthless over night.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:30 AM

By the way, both of those paintings were done by chimps.
So you lied when you said one was done by a human? Maybe you are still lying, and both were done by humans. Quite frankly, bakerman, I have completely lost confidence in anything you say.

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

12-06-2021, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The paintings themselves are worthless. People used to pay good money for paintings by Rolf Harris until he got caught, then they were instantly worthless over night.
Oh yes, I used to love watching him paint - I could never work out what it was until he stepped back and it all came together! Fascinating stuff.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:47 AM

Picasso didn’t always do his later known style .
I love his ‘blue period ‘
This is one of my favourite paintings
Child with a dove
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:51 AM

And this is one of my paintings .
It’s a cope of Picasso s Le Gourmet done at school when I was 15 in poster paints

this is Picasso’s original
Done in oils

Looks like mine has faded a lot !
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 09:54 AM

Kinda funny that you should mention Picasso. In my opinion, Picasso is the turning point where art took a decidedly downward turn for the worst and humanity, like lemmings to the sea, lost the ability to think for themselves.

One of Picassos paintings. personally. I think it looks like a painting by some insane person on LSD.
Picasso was still a very good artist. Try looking at some of his non abstract works.
Personally I think The Weeping Woman emphasizes how distressed she is. In normal painting a lady with a tear rolling down her cheek makes her look sad, but Picasso's painting is trying to show how sad she is.... and I think it does!
If we all liked the same things we would all be living identical lives in identical homes, but what makes us all individuals is that we can like/dislike anything we choose.... would you like to remove that choice in art?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
As abstract art goes, that's not bad but I agree with the Chimpanzee comment. In fact, I think it has been done and it fooled a lot of so called experts. Of course the chimp is no better or worse than a known artist except that the rich don't clamber to buy paintings painted by chimps.
Longdogs, that is my entire point. The so-called "experts" are full of bull s**t. Once the "experts" rave about an artist, the rich flock to his/her showings and pay a fortune.

Oh, how I'd love to have some chimp paintings and then tell the experts that those were my paintings and see if I could get them to write rave reviews. I'd talk up a storm about the emotional/psychological content. Ha ha And after I got them committed, I'd let everyone know the paintings were done by chimps.

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top