Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:25 PM

Like a kid at Christmas

That's what I am right now. Having to sell all my photography gear and split the money with my EX during the divorce, I am finally replacing the last piece. Of course I saved the best and most $$ for last.

Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED Vibration Reduction Zoom Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras

It gets here tomorrow and I'm antsy as hell for the weekend to try this beast out. I say beast because the lens weighs a whopping 5lbs or 2.7kilos. Gonna have to get used to that!!

Look at it attached to the camera

Ridiculously huge.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:33 PM

Re: Like a kid at Christmas

Sounds like you are in for a busy time, Danny. Looking forward to seeing the results.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:35 PM

Woah! That’s an expensive piece of equipment.

When I grow up one day, I’m going to get me one
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Woah! That’s an expensive piece of equipment.
Now that’s what I call a camera!
When I grow up one day, I’m going to get me one
Don't grow up it's no fun.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 03:37 PM

Do you use a tripod Danny
Danny
Denver, CO

15-07-2021, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Do you use a tripod Danny
Yes, on landscapes mostly. I am getting into Long Exposure photography so I will be using it a lot more. At night it is a must. Do I haul it with me everywhere, yes and no (meaning it lives in my car.)
If you get one remember don't think price so much as how sturdy it is. Last thing you want is to mount your expensive camera on a cheap flimsy tripod, turn your back for a second and the wind blows it over.
Danny
Denver, CO

15-07-2021, 03:46 PM

BTW I like the new avatar MInx.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Danny ->
That's what I am right now. Having to sell all my photography gear and split the money with my EX during the divorce, I am finally replacing the last piece. Of course I saved the best and most $$ for last.

Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED Vibration Reduction Zoom Lens with Auto Focus for Nikon DSLR Cameras

It gets here tomorrow and I'm antsy as hell for the weekend to try this beast out. I say beast because the lens weighs a whopping 5lbs or 2.7kilos. Gonna have to get used to that!!

Look at it attached to the camera

Ridiculously huge.
That looks like an amazing bit of kit Danny.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Sounds like you are in for a busy time, Danny. Looking forward to seeing the results.
Ditto.

Some very talented photographers on here, their work has cheered me countless times.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

15-07-2021, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Danny ->
Yes, on landscapes mostly. I am getting into Long Exposure photography so I will be using it a lot more. At night it is a must. Do I haul it with me everywhere, yes and no (meaning it lives in my car.)
If you get one remember don't think price so much as how sturdy it is. Last thing you want is to mount your expensive camera on a cheap flimsy tripod, turn your back for a second and the wind blows it over.
Thanks Danny - I’ll remember that!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top