Join for free
Page 5 of 22 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2013, 09:27 PM

Re: Life's Irritations

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Thanks for that AJ, I didn't know anything could be done about it, I'll ask her to mention it to her doctor, maybe her can give her something for it, a saw perhaps? (only messing)
We didn't know how common it was til she asked her doctor about it. Hope your wife gets some relief.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

25-03-2013, 01:31 PM

One of my irritations is people who make insincere compliments. You often see it on forums, they make a flattering statement about someone else and you think, "They can't be serious!" On another forum, for instance, a member posted a photo of themselves, which was hardly flattering to say the least, idiots were telling them how good looking they were!

I don't pay too many compliments, but when I do I mean them quite sincerely.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 01:42 PM

Willow - in one way i agree with what you say, not keen on that either, but, it depends on the situation - it cant always be black and white, sometimes a little flattery is in order. But in most cases I agree with ya !
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 08:34 PM

Saw a woman pushing a stroller toss her empty drink cup onto a lawn. Almost wish I had the nerve to pick it up and chase after her to say "Excuse me, you dropped this." No doubt her child will also grow up thinking litter is somebody else's problem.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 08:38 PM

Annie you just reminded me of last week. I was in a massive cue for a very popular baker here , in front of me was 2 women smoking both holding on to 2 strollers, so they were smoking over me , and flicking ash down on to my dog. so I told them off as i was worried the ash might burn my dog... they both turned the other way and started to flick it on the kids.... it was disgusting ...
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

25-03-2013, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Annie you just reminded me of last week. I was in a massive cue for a very popular baker here , in front of me was 2 women smoking both holding on to 2 strollers, so they were smoking over me , and flicking ash down on to my dog. so I told them off as i was worried the ash might burn my dog... they both turned the other way and started to flick it on the kids.... it was disgusting ...
Disgusting indeed! Those poor kids... do you think those were their mothers? Or maybe just babysitters? Sad.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2013, 08:51 PM

I would of said mothers ...... didnt look like the sort to be baby sitters
mari41
Wynyard. Tasmania
mari41 is female  mari41 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2013, 12:59 AM

In our weekend paper there was an article that said that expressions like 'Thank You' and 'Please' are now regarded as 'old fashioned' and that is why younger people no longer use them. Also such actions as 'giving up a seat' and 'holding a door open'. I see lots of young people who do abide by the good manners policy but there are also plenty of people both young and old who do not.

With regard to the problem of the grab bar I have seen..in the hardware shops... self adhesive ones and also ones that stick on with suction cups. Have been thinking of getting one for the shower and saves drilling into the tiles. If we can get them they must be available elsewhere as most of what is sold in Aussie shops seems to be imported from one place or another.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

26-03-2013, 02:24 AM

Might see if I can get one of these Super Poles. They are friction fit from floor to ceiling so no holes to drill and they are very sturdy.

I find folks do hold doors open, which is nice. My grandson, who is 2 years old, will cheerfully call out "T'ank oo!" if someone holds the door as I push him through in the stroller. Makes people smile, and I'm proud of him.

Another thing that irritates me is seeing grocery items left on a shelf in the wrong section, as though someone has decided against buying it after all. Worst is when it's an item that should be in the freezer or refrigerated section. Last one I saw was a package of sausages left in the cereal aisle! (I imagined the thought process as "Oh, wait - the kids would be just as happy with Corn Puffs so why cook sausages? I'll just leave them here.") I hope staff don't put those back... who knows how long they've been sitting out?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2013, 01:49 PM

Mari - we have a suction holder for a hand towel, the problem is every 3-4 weeks, comes 'unstuck' - have to re-do...Not ideal for a hand rail. Adhesive, probably better.

Page 5 of 22 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top