Join for free
Page 366 of 1676 « First < 266 316 356 364 365 366 367 368 376 416 466 866 1366 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 02:52 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Thanks RJ.

About dem ants Gummy.
I would have thought that when the ants gnawed through the cables they would be electrocuted and problem solved, then perhaps ants are immune to electric shock, if that is the case they could become the subject for scientific study, for instance they could make a boiler suit, hat, and gloves composed entirely of crushed ants and supply all electricity workers with them.
Maybe you could try out that old cowboy trick they used in the films on the Indians, select the ‘Chief’ ant, shoot him and the rest will all bugger off.
Another way is to do what I did when ants started to slowly invade my beloved shed, and this is no joke Gummy, I lit the blowtorch and cremated them instantly, any that survived must have told their mates because they never came back again.

There once was ant called Mabel
Who bit through an electric cable
After spasms and jolts, and 500 volts
She was splattered all over the gable.

Ps. Don’t forget to keep us posted with the current news.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Watt?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 08:38 PM

blow torch t the main cable box sounds a bit tricky as well as bloody illegal - we do have laws out here ya know - apart from blowin meself up in the process - sometimes Jem you are downright dangerous - was it a little blow torch or big blow torch ?

I went down to see a mate of mine in the next forest and he suggested throwin powder all over the box as well as sprayin them - these woodsmen are downright dangerous too - I might go and have a talk to lovely ryta meter maid she might know watt to do and how to stop those ants parkin illegally
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2017, 09:57 PM

If I was in Oz, and saw an Ant, I'd Dec it.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
If I was in Oz, and saw an Ant, I'd Dec it.
you never hardly see them spittie unless ya browin in a chair with a beer staring at the ground!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

27-11-2017, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Thanks RJ.

About dem ants Gummy.
I would have thought that when the ants gnawed through the cables they would be electrocuted and problem solved, then perhaps ants are immune to electric shock, if that is the case they could become the subject for scientific study, for instance they could make a boiler suit, hat, and gloves composed entirely of crushed ants and supply all electricity workers with them.
Maybe you could try out that old cowboy trick they used in the films on the Indians, select the ‘Chief’ ant, shoot him and the rest will all bugger off.
Another way is to do what I did when ants started to slowly invade my beloved shed, and this is no joke Gummy, I lit the blowtorch and cremated them instantly, any that survived must have told their mates because they never came back again.

There once was ant called Mabel
Who bit through an electric cable
After spasms and jolts, and 500 volts
She was splattered all over the gable.

by the way Jem keep meaning to ask "are u for the hard border or soft border?? " met a girl once who warned me " Ive got a hard border and a soft border and its up to you to find them!!" god that was a hard job for a while!
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 09:36 AM

Nicely put Fruitcake, it's a slow process accepting your lot. Enjoy !
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
I've drank to your health in taverns,
I've drank to your health in my home,
I've drank to your health so damn many times,
I believe I've ruined my own!

Happy birthday Jem
Fruitcake

Modesty forbids me from claiming credit for this traditional Irish verse
Someone called A.Non wrote it back in the day.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2017, 03:08 PM

About the blowtorch Gummy.
It’s only a small torch I use for fine soldering, about a 4 inch flame, the ants are so light that they frizzle up well before anything around can catch fire, a few flicks of the wrist with the flame and Bobs yer Uncle, wouldn’t even heat the cable box. In the Summer when I’m using the small torch and if any fly dares to approach the bench I’m on him in an instant and he frizzles in mid air, I’m a dab hand at it by now.
I got a bigger torch for burning weeds in the garden, any ants that see that coming make a bee line for the cover of the rockery, after a while they're all out dancing the Hot Rock and then it’s showtime with the flame thrower. I just love blowtorches and melting stuff, especially gold, a wonderful sight is molten gold, I never tire of looking at it.

Hard borders, soft borders, makes no difference to me Gummy, the wife does all the wallpapering in this house.
I’ve lived through both types of borders and it really doesn’t make any difference as far as I’m concerned, I didn’t even know how they work as I’ve never crossed over. We never go further than Dundalk when we’re heading North, South and West are our favourite destinations.
From what I gather from the vast majority of younger folks they are just happy that we are staying in the EC club, after all it’s their future, and if they’re happy then I’m happy too.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

27-11-2017, 05:00 PM

watch out hard borders are coming to a town near you!!

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...land-1.2940109

Page 366 of 1676 « First < 266 316 356 364 365 366 367 368 376 416 466 866 1366 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top