Join for free
Page 854 of 1676 « First < 354 754 804 844 852 853 854 855 856 864 904 954 1354 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 11:23 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

it would be great to have a physical gathering but we would I think jut all be dumbstruck for a while and then Pugs would start!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
it would be great to have a physical gathering but we would I think jut all be dumbstruck for a while and then Pugs would start!!
No, he wouldn't he is VERY shy.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
No, he wouldn't he is VERY shy.
really could have fooled me ! come here to get his rocks off does he?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 11:30 AM

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of Spitty, he never was a Team Player.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

25-07-2018, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I would like to take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of Spitty, he never was a Team Player.
apology accepted tell him his cheque is in the mail - we just accept him here with all his inadequacies and foibles and jackhammer and one sentence nonsense - well done mate ya made the team!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 12:50 PM

I haven’t the foggiest what’s going on here, but that’s the norm ain’t it.

Meanwhile, another bit of scribbling.

I had heard of a man who lives up the Macgillycuddy's Reeks range in Kerry who makes a magical rose hip based poteen, it is said of this divine liquid that it places one on another galaxy after lowering only one small glass of it.
I made a vow many years ago that I would seek him out and obtain a bottle of his wonderful creation no matter what the cost, but how was I to do this without the wife finding out? she’s always with me when we holiday down there and she keeps a beady eye on what I drink.
To make a fat story thin, I arranged with a local van driver to collect Tom (Not the moonlighter’s real name naturally) and I’d meet him in Hogan’s bar that night, the wife and the daughter were at a bingo session so I was in the clear. After parting with what was to me a very reasonable price considering all the arrangements made, the precious pint sized bottle was in my possession at last.
I went back to the hotel and poured myself a wee dram, no sooner was it down me then I was aflame with poetic inspiration, thousands of strange verses flashed through my head accompanied by wonderful colours and angelic music. I grabbed a pen and while it was still in this state of divine grace I scribbled down this puzzled message from the heavens, I now know how John Lennon felt when he penned “Strawberry Fields” and I remembered reading about when Harrison first saw the words, his immediate reaction was “What the f…k is this then Johnny boy?” Totally unexplainable to any living soul.
I would have gladly passed the bottle around to you all for a swallar, but unfortunately I left it on the train on the way home.

Mangos and Bananas grow in harmony
Why can’t we?
Blue Cows give blue milk to the coloured blind
Do they not?
Blind men do not bother to look through keyholes
Why do we?
What use is a bell to a deaf man
He can’t hear it, but he can still wear a ring.
Worms don’t lie in the Sun, it kills them
Why do we?
Wake up! wake up!, the flood is upon us, man the rafts.
?????????????????

Well whatcha think of that then? definitely out of this World stuff. There within lies a serious message from the Gods, if only I could untangle it I’d know the meaning of life.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

25-07-2018, 01:20 PM

Jem feckin brilliant - that must be the best bloody verse you've produced on here - ya must get back there and get some bottles for us all be jeezus!

this is your mission boyoo - for the boys and one girl of course !
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 01:21 PM

OMG Jem you drank Opium!!!!

Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 01:49 PM

One would say something relevant to the Reeks,Jem.....but it appears that our resident Ozzie koala fondler has the hots for me-I should never have shown him the pic of me in just the black lace nightie-so one shall remain silent enim Latine,Latina non sunt,tamquam quae sunt realiter eo mingentem off! ...mwahahahahaaaaa!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

25-07-2018, 01:53 PM

feel better now Pugs - now you've had a good cough; sneeze and fart??

can't you just appreciate a bit of good music and poetry without going all doowally??

Page 854 of 1676 « First < 354 754 804 844 852 853 854 855 856 864 904 954 1354 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top