Join for free
Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 11:02 PM

Re: Eggs

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Would daft old sausage , fit the bill
Are talking nicknames now, or is the subject still my menu?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 12:32 AM

Harbal, l don’t know what you would do if you had hens like l do!

Only two out of the three hens l have, lay eggs every day. So l have 14 eggs a week at the moment. I give some to two of my daughters. Yet, the eggs still accumulate.

What l do, when l have too many is freeze them. I did start a thread about that a few months ago.
I also make delicious ice cream with them in my ice cream maker and cakes too.
Mostly, l have a boiled egg every day as they are so nice.

I know what you’re going to say, ‘l haven’t got a freezer’.... or ‘l have no room in the freezer’!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 01:26 AM

Harbal, if you hard boil an egg it will keep longer as it's been cooked, providing the shell is intact. There are lots of things you can do with hard boiled eggs.
I practically live on eggs, it's one of the few things I enjoy eating. I have them either, soft boiled, hard boiled in salad, scrambled, fried or as omelette.
I love eggs.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 02:55 AM

At first, I thought Harbal was being serious. However, now that I've read his other posts, I think he is having us on.
Kinda hard to believe anyone is worried about an egg or two, or that he thinks those few eggs are dictating his menu.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 05:34 AM

I think he overegging the situation .
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 08:50 AM

You know you can freeze milk, eggs (in water) and cheese don't you? I've not read your whole post but I gather excess food is your gripe so this might help.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 09:10 AM

... any eggs going spare and I'd make Egg Mayo
Then I would have to think of something to put it on.
Toast

... throw at a politician.
But there are so many politicians I would like to throw an egg at, yet only one egg.
Hmmm tough choice. But they do sell them by the dozen, eggs that is.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
That would be ideal, could you give me a list of shops in my area that sell them in tens?

Thanks, in anticipation.
Just make a Yorkshire pudding with the spare egg/s
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Me finks so too

1.Throw the spare egg at someones window that you don't like

2. Paint the egg white on your face, they make a great skin firming face mask, no more wrinkles.

3. Wash your hair in it and you'll have beautiful shiny hair, or a nice shiny bald egg, I mean 'ed

Come on lad, get eggsperimenting
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Harbal, l don’t know what you would do if you had hens like l do!

Only two out of the three hens l have, lay eggs every day. So l have 14 eggs a week at the moment. I give some to two of my daughters. Yet, the eggs still accumulate.
How do you get them to lay the different sizes? Does one do large and one do small or do they rotate?

Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top