Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2013, 12:47 PM

I've Never Seen This Before.

We have a squirrel that regularly steals food from my birdtable including the fat balls. Well, this morning we saw it take the fat ball and go scurrying down my garden to bury it. The next second a magpie swooped down and went for the squirrel, presumably to get the fat ball from it. I ran into my house to get my camera but when I got back to the window it was all over; the magpie had flown into a tree and the squirrel was on my fence, still with the fat ball in it's mouth.For a second I thought I was going to see a scrap between the two creatures.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2013, 07:56 PM

Re: I've Never Seen This Before.

Magpies are awful for stealing! They chase away the gulls from my garden when I throw food out for the birds - they are clever birds at that!

Never heard of them attack a squirrel before though! Pity they had broken up by the time you got your camera, Alan

Thanks for sharing
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2013, 10:45 PM

Talking of pinching off your bird table, I caught this pigeon swooping down on a feast I had laid out for the birds, I suppose he/she is a bird.
Trouble was she/he brought everyone of her/his friends, I couldn't afford them in the end, had to resort back to the feeders.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2013, 11:06 PM

What a brilliant capture, Arthur!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2013, 11:45 PM

That is a lovely clear shot Arthur - and you caught the little sparrow flying off out of the way
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2013, 06:01 AM

Great shot Arthur.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2013, 11:42 AM

Brilliant capture.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2013, 02:36 PM

Wonderful picture Arthur...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top