Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2013, 02:51 PM

Re: This is just so uplifting

I love the term grog shop. Still think that your opera in the outback looks a bit posh, and my deep a apologies re Rolf, that must be why 'Two Little Boys' keeps coming back.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2013, 03:14 PM

Eh? Have to say this but what was the point of all the vocals? Were they flogging something?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2013, 03:37 PM

.....and flogging a dead horse judging by your reaction MKJ.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2013, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
.....and flogging a dead horse judging by your reaction MKJ.
I think they must have picked a 'posh' area cos I can't see that being all that appreciated where I live. Probably get veg and god knows what thrown at em .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2013, 03:44 PM

Click on this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNtRSYPWr9U

Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2013, 04:16 PM

That was great, very uplifting. Hope it catches on at our local Waitrose.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2013, 04:42 PM

Actually, I am not posh and came from the East End of London and we had heard of popular classical music so if this happened in Asda down the East End some people like me would have joined in and certainly would not have thrown stuff. Jeeps MKJ where do you come from? I feel sorry for anyone who has such a poor opinion of his fellow man and can't see the pleasure in this.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

03-08-2013, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Actually, I am not posh and came from the East End of London and we had heard of popular classical music so if this happened in Asda down the East End some people like me would have joined in and certainly would not have thrown stuff. Jeeps MKJ where do you come from? I feel sorry for anyone who has such a poor opinion of his fellow man and can't see the pleasure in this.
Couldn't help forming an odd opinion when watching vid. If someone started yodelling like that fellow did in my ear hole the first thing I would have thought was he must be out on day release from somewhere. On top of that I like to shop and get the hell out of the place as fast as possible with the minimum of fuss. Just plain weird it seemed to me .

South Wales me where opera isn't exactly high on our list of appreciative music .
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2013, 04:58 PM

.........and here's me thinking that the Welsh were fond of culture particularly singing. What about all those Welsh male voice choirs ?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

03-08-2013, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
.........and here's me thinking that the Welsh were fond of culture particularly singing. What about all those Welsh male voice choirs ?
Yeah, well there is a time and place for everything but the local supermarket? Just seems so wrong somehow .

Anyways I am not your 'normal' shopper so can be excused I think from being overjoyed at the strange goings on. I suspect though that their reception would not have been so warm hearted and welcome where I live. I'm afraid we tend to keep our heads down and just get on with things a lot.

If there was a point to it I could try to understand it better - was there one?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top