Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
petersull
New Member!
cumbria
petersull is male 

22-08-2013, 09:36 PM

What instruments do you play or wish you could play

I sort of play guitar and ukulele and know a few notes on the piano.

An instrument I wish I could play is the Saxaphone.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 09:40 PM

Re: What instruments do you play or wish you could play

I can play the guitar and piano, though I haven't done either for years.

Well, that isn't completely true, I get the guitar out every now and then, but I haven't played a piano for over 5 years.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 11:41 PM

Guitar mainly. I would really like to play the piano.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 05:17 AM

When I was 50 I bought an electronic organ and took a few lessons. I learned to bash a tune out (hands only) but knew that I'd never be any good so I sold it after about 2 years.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 07:39 AM

Never wanted to play an instrument but would have loved to sing, sadly think Hilda Ogden on speed and you have an idea how truly lovely my voice is when I sing.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 09:10 AM

I would have loved to learn to play the piano. I bought an electric one about 30 years ago and could play a couple of things on it but it just didn't sound the same - no gravitas so to speak. I love the sound of a well-played piano.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 09:28 AM

My Grandad and Dad both played the cornet very well, in their time many of the men belonged to the local brass band. I tried the cornet and failed likewise with the the piano . I did manage to learn the recorded but would have loved to play the piano or cello.

It was not to be and my appreciation of music has been confined to listening.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 12:43 PM

Would love to play piano - my biggest regret .....
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 04:50 PM

My parents lived beside a piano teacher and the noise was enough to put me off! Later I learned to play Bass guitar (badly), but I wish I could have played it well.

One of my friends from the early days was a fairly proficient bass player and for a while enjoyed some success in the pop world.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 05:42 PM

All my Mum's family were piano players, my sisters had lessons but, no money left for mine. I tried playing by ear like my Mum but couldn't do it. My Gran played in the cinema for the silent movies. I wish I'd learned. I played guitar when a teenager but fingers too stiff now. I think the harmonica would be the easiest to learn, no fingers needed. Have plenty of air, even if it is "hot"!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top