Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 06:57 PM

Re: What instruments do you play or wish you could play

The Bodhran, but not often now adays, would love to play the Violin but my fingers were cut by my little boy as he was walking out of the kitchen with the carving knife behind his back. I grabbed it bit the blade cut fy fingers, so not all there in the finger dept.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 07:00 PM

As long as yer 'all there' in the department that matters ..... And, you seem all about ya, to me
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 07:17 PM

I could never master any musical instrument but I wasn't too bad on the tin whistle when I was young.
We had a local politician we used to call 'The Harpist', at election time when everyone told him about their problems on the doorstep, his favourite saying was "I'll try and pull a few strings for you in the House"
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 07:53 PM

Any instrument would do for me, I have tried many a time but given up, even playing my comb and tissue paper sounds like a banshee caterwauling...
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 09:07 PM

In a former life I played piano, clarinet, bassoon and recorder. I'm taking up piano again in retirement, and dabbling with the flute as well. Really loved the bassoon, but couldn't afford to buy one
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 10:46 AM

I play with something a lot but I'm not sure you could call it an instrument . Then again maybe you could .

*mods - he is at it again - Adult Stuff !*
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 08:54 PM

I have a Yamaha keyboard, but no space to set it up (in the middle of rearranging furniture). Would love to be able to play it though. I just muck about, picking out a tune with right hand, and trying to find an appropriate chord.

Mum always regretted she didn't let me have piano lessons as a child. Money was tight though we never went without, so I don't begrudge that.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 06:16 PM

We had a supply teacher at school for a few weeks. Whilst [passing the classroom at lunchtime I heard him playing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOwdb9ofuMo - didn't what it was, nor who wrote it. I don't read music either. Stood in the doorway listening to this totally entranced. Teacher invited me in and after a few minutes tried to teach me (by ear) some of this enchanting melody. Regrettably, after he moved on to another school I never went back to trying to play anymore. Now I no longer have the breath to do as my lungs are 'shot'.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 06:25 PM

As a child, I was desperate to have piano lessons but Mum said no way.
She and Dad decided I could have violin lessons at primary school because a violin doesn't take up too much room ! I was quite good because I had a 'musical ear' and a good sense of rhythm but it really was not what I yearned for and I didn't continue when I went on to secondary school.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 08:20 PM

I was proficient on the "Linoleum",, but seriously, I was an accomplished Violinist and Guitarist.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top