Join for free
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2014, 07:47 PM

Message for Clumsy

Hello Clumsy, I just wondered how things are for you regarding your naighbours and that dog. Did they move and has the dog gone now?

Was thinking about you and wondered how things are now.

Alison
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2014, 12:11 PM

Re: Message for Clumsy

hola Alicat. The dog is still there. However to be fair he doesn´t unduly bother me much these days, I guess he knows my voice. However if he hears a strange voice at the back of our house, as he sometimes does as we often sit out there, then he rushes to the fence snarling and looking very threatening, I tell him to shut up and he usually does. At the present time the young man who owns the dog is away, again, and there appears to be a family there, presumably looking after the dog. One of the children looks to be about 2 years old, to my mind an accident waiting to happen.

The dog, Bova is his name, has already bitten someone. Apparently whilst the roadworks were going on a woman at the house next to where Bova lives had to park outside the house, she got out of her car onto the footpath and Bova jumped up the low wall and bit her on the shoulder. The police were involved and I believe a court case is pending. In the meantime the Lithuanian owner of the dog has had a high wall erected at the front of the house. It´s a very odd set up indeed, the young man who owns the dog doesn´t work, rarely leaves the house when he´s here but appears to have money for just about anything. He actually rents the house from the owner, who literally scarpered back to UK leaving a lot of debt behind him. As I type this I can hear the Russian family chattering away (all the doors at the back of our house are open), the family appears to consist of a woman, two adult men and two children, one about 2 years of age and one about 11/12 years of age. Unless I go up on the solarium I only see legs as they walk past the hedge, I leave the ¨nosy¨ stuff to our next door neighbours, who can see more of them than us and who will stop at nothing to glean information from them. Unfortunately for them since the dog owner is still away they know nothing as this family don´t appear to speak any English.
So that´s the situation still, the dog is still there but I have to be honest and say that he rarely bothers me. Thank you for asking.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2014, 09:41 PM

Re: Message for Clumsy

Hello Clumsy, thank you for replying. I was hoping the dog had gone and a new nice family had moved in but no such luck. I had been thinking about you in that situation because it would be one of my worst nightmares. I'm glad the dog doesn't bother you so much but such a shame he is still there.

Thanks for letting us know.

Alison x

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top