Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 02:06 AM

Are you OCD?

Any OCD habits.

From a kid I can never leave a bean in the tin, every single one has to put in the pan. Nothing else, just beans.

Whenever I go out on my bike I have a photo of the kids in my crash helmet, under the lining. If I forget it I will turn around and go back, no matter how far I've travelled.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 06:45 AM

Re: Are you OCD?

Im not too bad myself. OH has always had contamination fears, a lot o it stems from dirty work as a plumbing and heating engineer when he was younger.
He wont touch door handles in public if he can avoid it , wont press the button at road crossings or in lifts and if he could get away with wearing glove in public all year round I have no doubt he would.

Even when we go to my daughters house (she is worse than him) she will put out a plate of nibbles but she gives him a specially made tea plate of his own so that no one can contaminate his food!

It sounds daft but you get used to it.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Im not too bad myself. OH has always had contamination fears, a lot o it stems from dirty work as a plumbing and heating engineer when he was younger.
He wont touch door handles in public if he can avoid it , wont press the button at road crossings or in lifts and if he could get away with wearing glove in public all year round I have no doubt he would.

Even when we go to my daughters house (she is worse than him) she will put out a plate of nibbles but she gives him a specially made tea plate of his own so that no one can contaminate his food!

It sounds daft but you get used to it.
That's verging on paranoia Cass
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 07:47 AM

Not personally, but I have witnessed it in action.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 07:54 AM

Having worked in the food industry I do have a tendency to be excessive about cleaning work surfaces and utensils. Also excessive hand washing, or so my husband says. Fresh food is always wrapped and put on a plate in the bottom of the fridge.
I also have to check and double check that I haven't left any chargers, straighteners, iron, cooker or any other source of fire risk on, to the point were I ask my husband to check too.

Also, when I shower I have to do it in a certain order using 6 different washing aids. Maybe a little OCD but I prefer using the word foibles
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 08:04 AM

I like everything in its place, as my hubby goes mad with me as i follow him around picking things up.
I like straight levelled pictures on the wall.
When i was a cleaner all the mats on the floor had to be straight.

I think it came from when i used to live alone, as my Brother is the same..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I like everything in its place, as my hubby goes mad with me as i follow him around picking things up.I like straight levelled pictures on the wall.
When i was a cleaner all the mats on the floor had to be straight.

I think it came from when i used to live alone, as my Brother is the same..
Good job you weren't married to Isaac Newton
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 09:00 AM

I like everything in its place,
I like straight levelled pictures on the wall.
So do I....I don't like any kind of untidiness or mess
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
So do I....I don't like any kind of untidiness or mess
Me neither. Both home and garden nice and neat.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2016, 09:46 AM

Any OCD habits.
Yes lots thought I am more relaxed about things than I used to be

Everything has to be organised and everything has a place and has to be in place from the bed linen and towels in the airing cupboard all facing the same way to the shopping on the conveyer belt in the supermarket which has to be in its own 'group'.

I always get in the car then out again to check the door is locked.
I can leave dirty dishes around they have to be washed and put away ASAP.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top