Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin
The Tourist is male  The Tourist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2010, 03:29 AM

Re: What should I cook in my new casserole dish?

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Still and always, Chico! I'll stick to chicken thanks.
A former wise-mouth disco queen always said that I saw myself as a wit, but that I was only half right, whatever that meant. I'll never forget her patter in bed...

"Don't muss my hair."

Ya' know, FedEx handles perishables, could I get in on the chicken? I'll buff up a gyuto for you!--Chico
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2010, 12:33 AM

Well I fancied something relatively quick tonight so went with option 2

It's actually very different to what I normally have - quite rich but I liked it! I didn't do any mash tho as I'm staying off potatoes for a while, but can definitely see how it would go oh so well with some creamy buttery mash - yum!

Btw, I didn't follow the amounts in the recipe, or use tomato puree (as I forgot to get some!) but it worked out ok

I only did one leg (as it was an experiment more than anything else) put 4 sprigs of thyme instead of 2 (but then chucked them out towards the end as I thought they were overpowering) 2 cloves of garlic, about 5 or 6 mushrooms, and put about 1.5 inch of the red wine (that much of a bottle) and just plain ol water up to half the leg.

Recommend it!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2010, 02:13 AM

Looks tasty! I don't always follow the recipe exactly, improvise sometimes.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2010, 07:33 AM

Mmmm.... that looks good Azz, glad you enjoyed it.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2010, 12:47 PM

Thanks guys!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top