Join for free
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2010, 04:28 PM

Walking Out of a Restaurant or Pub!

If you go into a Restaurant or Pub for a meal and realise when looking at the Menu that nothing appeals - do you find it embarrassing to casually walk out again!

Regards,
Rainbow
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2010, 07:00 PM

Re: Walking Out of a Restaurant or Pub!

If its a pub I could leave without eating. We would just have a drink and then go. If it was a restaurant I don't think I would leave - there is usually something I can choose on restaurant menus.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2010, 07:03 PM

I have left restaurants without eating many times because I didn't like the menu or they were not clean/not appealing and even a Hotel in Truro where we were due to stay. I saw the kitchens and that was enough..

I also used to complain if a meal was not up to scratch , I don't usually pay these days so am less vocal

I used to run an Inn in Dorset with my husband, we earned inclusion in the Good Food Guide and I never minded genuine criticism and didn't charge for a meal if a customer wasn't happy with my food .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2010, 08:15 PM

I prefer to use a restaurant that displays its menu in the window/on the door/ on a board for all to view before entering.

I usually find something on the menu that suits me though, I'm not hard to please.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2010, 09:08 PM

I'm the same as Mags - I look at the menu on the door/window first. I've also learned to ask questions - such as 'how spicy' is this (I don't like food too spicy!)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2010, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I'm the same as Mags - I look at the menu on the door/window first. I've also learned to ask questions - such as 'how spicy' is this (I don't like food too spicy!)
I'm the same, like a bit of taste but not too spicy...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2010, 02:42 AM

I've only done that once. We went to a favorite restaurant (seafood) that we hadn't been to in a while; when we were seated and saw the menu we were surprised to see that it had been sold and was now serving Mexican food!! So we left, as none of us cared for that cuisine.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2010, 04:41 PM

I generally look at the menu outside and failing that if nothing appeals when inside just leave. Why not?

We did once go with a group to an awful place and the `leader` asked what we should tip.

Tell them to close would be mine I said
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2010, 04:47 PM

√Tell them to close would be mine I said

Love it, OG!!!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2010, 06:34 PM

I have walked out of many restaurants and pubs because of the state of the place or Meal/Menu.

I once stayed at the Commodre hotel in Helensburgh, which was quite good at the time, cant say what it is like now, and Antony Worrall Thomson came into the dinning area with a friend and immediately started to complain to the waitress.

After a while she was in tears at which point I interfered and I must say that the rest of my stay there was like having my own man-servant.

AWT and friend left.

His complaint was about the table settings which only allowed for 5 courses not 7 as he prefered plus there was no lift and he had to walk up a flight of stairs to his room.
In my opinion he was trying to impress people.

Complain if there is cause or just leave if you are not happy.
That is you prerogative.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top