Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2010, 12:00 PM

Re: Cooker Recommendations Please

That looks very smart, good price too.

I have a ceramic hob and they are so much easier to clean than rings.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2010, 12:55 PM

Similar sort of thing to mine and that double oven is a godsend. The top one heats up quicker and we use it most of the time when it's just the two of us. I bet you're looking forward to using it.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That looks very smart, good price too.

I have a ceramic hob and they are so much easier to clean than rings.
I've never had a ceramic hob and I must admit I am a bit worried about it getting scratched and looking awful.
It says rapidlite on the hob which I am told means it heats up very quickly, not sure how quick they cool down though.

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Similar sort of thing to mine and that double oven is a godsend. The top one heats up quicker and we use it most of the time when it's just the two of us. I bet you're looking forward to using it.
I am, as my cooker hasn't been working for a couple of weeks now and there is only so much I can do in the microwave. I'm longing for a nice casserole and dumplings
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2010, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by madmare ->
I've never had a ceramic hob and I must admit I am a bit worried about it getting scratched and looking awful.
It says rapidlite on the hob which I am told means it heats up very quickly, not sure how quick they cool down though.
A red light appears on the hob when you have it on ...... after you have finished your cooking the red light stays on until the hob has cooled down enough to be safe.

I use the Easydo hob cleaner which is also advertised below the cooker in your link ....... it's a cleaner and conditioner and helps to protect the surface of your hob. I've had my cooker for about 7 or 8 years now and I haven't got a scratch on ...... yet!
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
A red light appears on the hob when you have it on ...... after you have finished your cooking the red light stays on until the hob has cooled down enough to be safe.

I use the Easydo hob cleaner which is also advertised below the cooker in your link ....... it's a cleaner and conditioner and helps to protect the surface of your hob. I've had my cooker for about 7 or 8 years now and I haven't got a scratch on ...... yet!
Thanks, can you use any sort of saucepans on it as i think mine are aliminum ones and i don't really want to be going buying new saucepans.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

22-09-2010, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by madmare ->
Thanks, can you use any sort of saucepans on it as i think mine are aliminum ones and i don't really want to be going buying new saucepans.
I hope you'll find this guide for which saucepan for what appliance useful .....

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop...ing_guide.html
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2010, 06:08 PM

I put my old cat Sparky's food bowl on our kitchen window sill, this was to prevent our dogs eating his food. He has to jump onto the washing-machine, walk across the top of the ceramic hob and he's there. He's been doing this for 13 years, now my dogs have gone he insists I keep to this. Not once has he burnt his paws, he seems to know from his position on the floor when it's cooled down. I know it's unhygenic buts that's our house for you!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top