Join for free
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 07:51 PM

SAUSAGES - with a difference.....

We used to have Pork or Beef (or even Pork with Beef)!

But nowadays there are so many various other ingredients on offer. This Monday after visiting a lovely Farm Shop, I purchased; Seaweed, garlic & shallots. The combination was delicious.

Anyone else tried something different, and was it tasty or not?

Rainbow
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 08:01 PM

Re: SAUSAGES - with a difference.....

I tend to get my Sister to set up my meat supplies, from the Isle of Man.

This is my favourite butcher for sausages. 30 types and I can say all very good.

I do hope I am not seen to be advertising here, just passing on information.

http://radcliffebutchers.com/engine/shop/index.html
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 08:04 PM

Like the description of the 'Welsh Dragon' sausage!!

Rainbow
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 08:10 PM

I am saying nothing.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 08:21 PM

I try to find gluten free sausages as I try to steer clear of gluten - not very exciting I know
Rainbow
Surrey UK

14-10-2010, 08:37 PM

But do they taste nice Azz?

Why does something REMOVED from the ingredients cost more?!!!

Rainbow
sully
uk
sully is female  sully has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 12:54 AM

I used to love mint and lamb sausages but they stopped selling them in asdas years ago.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 10:05 AM

I tend not to trust sausages. I tend to think they throw all the bits and bobs in and then over-flavour to disguise the poorer quality meat. - Did anyone see the Watchdog programme this week, where the supposedly free range pork in Porkington's sausage (I think that was the name) was not free range at all ?
Elizabeth
Cotswolds
Elizabeth is female 

16-10-2010, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->

But nowadays there are so many various other ingredients on offer. This Monday after visiting a lovely Farm Shop, I purchased; Seaweed, garlic & shallots. The combination was delicious.
Rainbow
That sounds so good. I don't eat meat and sausages are nice to have but I have never seen any veggie type sausages other than the Linda McCartney, Cauldron and so on brands!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I tend not to trust sausages. I tend to think they throw all the bits and bobs in
OMG me too, the thought of everything mashed up together and you don't know what's in there. I have to have my food as it is, not mixed with anything else and all separate on the plate. A sausage is one of the worst things for me.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top