Join for free
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 08:42 PM

Mouth-Watering Menu???

My Niece is getting married shortly at the Lodore Falls Hotel, Derwentwater in the Lake District, and I have received the following menu to chose my meal from. I have marked with an asterisk what I have chosen.

*Lodore Winter Game Terrine-Homemade Apple, Walnut and Sultana Chutney and Mixed Leaves - or -
Grilled Goats Cheese-served on a Toasted Garlic Croute with Picked Leaves, Walnut Vinaigrette and Lodore Red Onion Marmalade.

*Roasted Capsicum and Vine Tomato Soup - or -
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Herb Croutons

Roast Sirloin of Prime Lakeland Beef with traditional Yorkshire Pudding, Rich Pan Gravy and Horseradish Sauce - or -
*Roast Fillets of Sea Bass resting on Pesto Flavoured Fettuccine with Balsamic Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

*Sticky Toffee Pudding-Lakeland speciality with Toffee Sauce and Whipped Cream - or - Creamy Raspberry Ripple Cheesecake with Raspberry Compote

Freshly Brewed Coffee and Kendal Mints

Anything you fancy on there?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 09:35 PM

Re: Mouth-Watering Menu???

Yummy yummy!!! .... that does sound mouthwatering, Merz

I would probably gone for the Roast Sirloin of Prime Lakeland Beef with traditional Yorkshire Pudding in preference to the Sea Bass. Everything else would be the same as your choice.

I hope you enjoy the day, it sounds a lovely location.
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 09:40 PM

Merz

The only thing I do not like is the Kendal mint's far to sweet. LOL

Enjoy
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 09:45 PM

The Hotel is on the edge of the Lake Mags, and after the ceremony we are apparently going on a boat trip round the Lake whilst drinking Champagne then back for the meal. Going to be a lovely day and if the sun shines it will be a bonus.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

25-10-2010, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Manxman ->
Merz

The only thing I do not like is the Kendal mint's far to sweet. LOL

Enjoy
They are very sweet Manxman-am sure I'll manage one or two though.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
The Hotel is on the edge of the Lake Mags, and after the ceremony we are apparently going on a boat trip round the Lake whilst drinking Champagne then back for the meal. Going to be a lovely day and if the sun shines it will be a bonus.
That sounds wonderful, Merz.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2010, 10:35 PM

I'd go for the tomato soup, sea bass, goat cheese and cheesecake; definitely not the mints. And just coffee, no tea available???
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

25-10-2010, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I'd go for the tomato soup, sea bass, goat cheese and cheesecake; definitely not the mints. And just coffee, no tea available???
Am sure there will be tea available Dandysmom-I like a good pot of tea after a meal
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 10:56 AM

Just the sticky toffee pudding for me Merz, that alone will fill me up, taking a doggy bag would not be very polite would it?
The day sounds wonderful!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2010, 03:11 PM

That roast sirloin sounds yummy!!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top