Join for free
Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 07:53 PM

Re: If You Were Referred to as "Lad"

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm glad you said that fender . . I didn't like to.
Well,

Someone had to expose him (or her?)......
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Does he pronounce the "th" sounds in words? Or does he say, fings, fick, fin, wiv etc?
Strangely enough, no Gravitas, he doesn't, He was born in Bethnal Green but doesn't pronounce th as f.

Old habits die hard I guess because he still refers to the stairs as apple and pears and when he is needs to go to the bathroom as going for a jimmy riddle. He still pronounces butter as Buhaah and water as Wahaah, and dammit, even I picked up the habit from him because I still recall my mum telling me off for not pronouncing the two words correctly.
He also still refers to me as Duchess!
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Strangely enough, no Gravitas, he doesn't, He was born in Bethnal Green but doesn't pronounce th as f.

Old habits die hard I guess because he still refers to the stairs as apple and pears and when he is needs to go to the bathroom as going for a jimmy riddle. He still pronounces butter as Buhaah and water as Wahaah, and dammit, even I picked up the habit from him because I still recall my mum telling me off for not pronouncing the two words correctly.
Oh dear. Just as long as you don't let him near children.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Our taxi fare to and from the hospital is usually between £15-£16 pounds and Mr Mags always tips the driver with a couple of pounds.

He never gets called 'lad', more often 'Sir'
It must be a Scouser free area, then.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Oh dear. Just as long as you don't let him near children.
What an odd thing to say...or is that a reference to Jimmy Savile's term for his mother?
Gravitas
North England

18-05-2017, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
What an odd thing to say...or is that a reference to Jimmy Savile's term for his mother?
No. It's just that kids are very impressionable.

You wouldn't want them talking like that now would you.

Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top