Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2010, 08:21 PM

Men can drink more than Women.

Here's another thing I didn't know.
'Men can drink more than Women?'
TRUE, but not for the reason you think. It doesn't have anything to do with machismo. Men have an enzyme that metabolises more of the alcohol they drink before it even hits the bloodstream. Women don't have as much of that enzyme in their gut walls. Their bodies also contain less water than mens do, resulting in higher blood-alcohol levels drink for drink.'
Having learned all that I think I'll take her out to the pub more often.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2010, 09:58 PM

Re: Men can drink more than Women.

It just so happens I did know that, there was an article recently in the paper. Also we generally have a lower body mass too. I have a fairly good Irish head for liquor .....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2010, 10:48 PM

Ah good for you Eileen!, the bit of Irish will always keep you standing in the drinks stakes.
When my Wife is out with me she always drinks the same amount as me (pints) and I really didn't know her body was less able to hold it, she would be quite 'Merry', but never drunk.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2010, 11:09 PM

I don't drink except maybe a Bailey's at Christmas.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2010, 12:12 AM

Bigger stomach to hold it!!!!!

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2010, 12:14 AM

That's gross!!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2010, 12:45 AM

I dont think so Mags, it looks more like 200lbs to me.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2010, 12:49 AM

LOL, that is a beer belly!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

07-12-2010, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I dont think so Mags, it looks more like 200lbs to me.
good one!
Troopie
Adelaide, Australia
Troopie is female  Troopie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2011, 09:02 AM

My brother is a cop and worked on the booze bus for several years and one day parked it out front of our house so he could come in and have a cup of tea while the guys worked. When business was slow ( which is rare over here), He took me inside and had me tested and was completely shocked to find I blew 2 times over the limit!!! Even though I had had a couple of wines while he was there, he not only had no idea that I drank alcohol, but was shocked that I could put that much away and not show any signs. ha ha That was an eye opener for him. Just to make sure every one knows though, I have never driven even after a sip of alcohol. I want to make that clear. I would die of shame if I ever was pulled over and tested positive. I sometimes think I just stay married so I have a designated driver. Ha Ha. (be funny if it wasn't true)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top