Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 12:30 AM

Re: Grow/Make Your Own?

I'd LOVE to grow my own - wish I had the time n space for it.
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 10:36 PM

We have a very small garden but have decided to try a few eatable things this year....

My daughter made her own jam for the first time last year and presented me at Christmas with a lovely box (recycled) with a big red ribbon (recycled) and inside were 3 jars of homemade jam... one plum from her own plum tree..blackberry picked from the hedgerow and blackberry and apple..apples scrumped from the local farm... as you can tell I am well into recycling...It was my very bestest Christmas pressie
susie
New Member!
Purley, Surrey
susie is female 

23-01-2011, 01:06 AM

How lovely jj's girl.....

How did they taste?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2011, 03:54 AM

With a tiny back yard veg plot all I really grow for myself are tomatoes, chilis, basil, onions and catnip for the cat. No chemicals whatsoever. I do make my own pickled beets amd cauliflower, but the veg are are organic from the market.
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2011, 10:17 AM

I love to grow chillies. We only ever eat a small fraction of our produce, but I just luvvv growing 'em!
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2011, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by susie ->
How lovely jj's girl.....

How did they taste?
They were great on our last jar
susie
New Member!
Purley, Surrey
susie is female 

23-01-2011, 12:10 PM

We eat so many chillies here! Are they easy to grow? Do you grow them indoors? I've just enter the Marmalade competition at Fanny's Farm Shop in Merstham. I've made Seville Orange and Chilli Marmalade. I was commended and got a rosette last year. I've won 1st prize before, but that before the competition got better known and there were fewer entrants!!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2011, 05:48 PM

Chilis are easy to grow: if you can grow tomatoes and regular peppers, they'll do fine. Mine are outdoors. You could probably grow some of the smaller varieties indoors on a sunny windowsill, but there would be no insects to pollenate them .......
susie
New Member!
Purley, Surrey
susie is female 

23-01-2011, 09:55 PM

That's what I shall do now. I'll go to the garden centre tomorrow to get some plants or seeds. Thanks very much!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

23-01-2011, 10:51 PM

This is a shot of mine last August ..variety Thai Hot. Plant was about waist high.The surplus dries nicely.

[IMG]
[/IMG]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top