Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 08:42 AM

Re: Women and attire

Women like a bit of "One upManship".
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 08:43 AM

Before beginning I wish to state with absolute clarity that I do NOT speak about ALL women. There are exceptions to anything.
and I am one of them
I get more enjoyment walking around a DIY shop or garden centre than looking at clothes,shoes, handbags or jewellery and I possess a minimum of these things.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 08:48 AM

Bakerman, from your OP, you advised us men to never tell the truth whether or not something makes your spouse look fat.

Have you ever considered the answer, "Do I look dumb enough to answer that?".
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I blame the men who have for so many years run the fashion industry and the womens magazines.

For decades they have told us be thin, wear this, wear that, cut your hair so, colour thus.... This elite group have dominated womens lives and controlled them like a puppet master does his puppets.

We stuff ourselves into impossible shoes because they makes out legs look longer and our bum look pert and for what? so that other men will find us attractive and other women will accept or be jealous of us . (depending which group you belong to)

Wearing the same dress at an event twice leaves you open to ridicule and assumptions that you are too poor or cheap to buy a new outfit.

Pick up any womans magazine , on one page it will tell you to love yourself and be happy on the next it will give you a crash diet to loose an extra dress size. the message is, to be happy you must be thin.

Oh and then theres body hair and smells, we should always smell like something we are not, sultry temptress or spring flower and body hair is to be removed as soon as it dare sprout ..and removed in any painful manner men can think of from wax to epilady (ripping hair by the roots) of vile smelling creams... we will be smooth and silky because we are told that how nice ladies are, only trogs and cave dwellers are hairy mary's..

No wonder women are confused. We are brainwashed into self doubt and the desire to please, to please the fashion puppet masters , the men in our lives , the other puppet women..

We go to silly lengths to try to achive this goal , we starve ourselves life long , we squeeze into shoes that damage our feet so that in old age we need surgical intervention and we wear clothes that restict our movement and functioning ability (I dare a man to do anything practical in womens dresses, shoes and tights!) .

Sadly until we break free and cut the strings of oppression you men will just have to get used to the wardrobe war..
bakerman writes
A few questions , if I might? These oppressive men you speak of, you said they were in the fashion industry. Correct me if I'm wrong but the fashion industry is greatly influence by gay men. Versachi being a prime example. Moreover, many, many women are major trend setters within the fashion industry. I'm mean, truly, I can think of a dozen major divas who have their own fashion line. If given a little time I could come up with dozens more.
I am sorry, but I don't think your argument holds water.

Furthermore, if women honestly desire to be truly liberated, then why not take this opportunity to rid yourselves of this so called"male oppression". It would be so very easy to just so, "No more".

Additionally, women have for at least 4,000 years been obsessed with their looks. You may recall that the Egyptian Hieroglyphics symbol for woman was a drawing of a mirror. (a little circle with a handle, just look at Muddy's top right corner) That tells us much about the consistency of women's search for beauty. 4,000 years ago there were no magazines or any media at all for that matter, so obviously, women could NOT have been influenced by any media back then.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
and I am one of them
I get more enjoyment walking around a DIY shop or garden centre than looking at clothes,shoes, handbags or jewellery and I possess a minimum of these things.

I too Meg I am not into clothles and have all the jewellery I want .
Indeed I am trying to rid myself of clothles ,how many clothles does one person need ?
I never wear high heels ( very dated trainers are high fashion ) in fact spend nearly all my time in jeans and trainers or boots .
Comfort and freedom to be active are the most important thing .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->

Furthermore, if women honestly desire to be truly liberated, then why not take this opportunity to rid yourselves of this so called"male oppression". It would be so very easy to just so, "No more".
hmmm... you need to check out the thread about LGBT on the social issues section. There you will see what the average guy on this forum thinks of women who let themselves go
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
Bakerman, from your OP, you advised us men to never tell the truth whether or not something makes your spouse look fat.

Have you ever considered the answer, "Do I look dumb enough to answer that?".
bakerman writes
Ha Ha That's great! I love it. I don't think that would make the wife or GF one bit happy. Oh, Oh, back to the sofa.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 09:21 AM

You never tell any women she looks fat you say I love your curves darling let's go hill walking this weekend buy yourself some comfortable ( high fashioned trainers ) and some smart jeans .
bakerman
Mexico

24-09-2017, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
hmmm... you need to check out the thread about LGBT on the social issues section. There you will see what the average guy on this forum thinks of women who let themselves go
Of that, I have no doubt. But why should a woman care. Liberate your selves. You don't need anyone's approval.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-09-2017, 09:26 AM

What sort of women do you know ?
We are extremely liberated women here maybe you live in America .

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top