Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 11:56 AM

Do You Booze? Possibly Even Too Much?

Over the years I have to confess that I have drank far too much occasionally.
In my younger days I used to drink around 3 pints an hour while out on the town cruising the pubs.
So occasionally that would be me in the animation!
Even now I would say I have one to 3 pints of beer when I go out of an evening, and one or possibly two bottles of 500ML (565ML is a pint) bitter beer every single night of the week.
So how about you then?
By the way.
Wifey is teetotal so doesn't drink Booze at all.
Mind you, when we ran a car she used to drive me to drink many a time!

CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 12:12 PM

Re: Do You Booze? Possibly Even Too Much?

No, I rarely drink. Simply because I live alone and to open a bottle of wine would be to waste most of it. I tend to have just a couple of glasses of red when in company, but to do that at home would mean that half the bottle would go stale overnight and in any case it is never as nice the next day having been opened. I have tried buying half bottles, but the choice is very limited. So I do without.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 12:14 PM

Used to do the usual round town Friday and Saturday nights when I was in my teens, but even then i knew when I'd had enough, nowadays its very rare we go to pubs and my drinking consists if a bottle of beer/lager on a Friday, and two bottles on a Saturday whilst usually watching a film, unless I'm on holiday I will go for a drink providing I don't have to drive,
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 12:21 PM

most nights a couple cans of beer and a brandy,,,if I go out,maybe 2 or 3 pints with a meal
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 12:23 PM

Officially not allowed alcohol at all - it affects some of the medication I've been prescribed. Unofficially I like a small tot of Brandy in my coffee first thing in the morning (and then not every day).

If I go out to Dinner somewhere I may (though not always) have a glass of wine with my meal and perhaps a Brandy with the coffee afterwards.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 12:23 PM

I'm certainly no drinker. The occasional glass of wine with a meal, but even then I mostly leave more than half of it. No reason other than I really don't like the taste of wine at all. Champagne and Carver is, in my opinion, grossly overrated and a couple of sips is enough. Beer I can't stand the smell of, especially second hand, Gin smells horrible, to me at least. I guess I'm just not cut out to be a drinker. Mr Clumsy usually has a couple of beers during the day when it's very hot and he sometimes has a small whisky at bed time. I think he did all his drinking in his younger days, (I've heard the stories !).
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 12:24 PM

Very rarely drink now,used to pee it up regularly, daughters came along and money was wanted elsewhere, I enjoy a pint now rather than enjoy pints.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 12:24 PM

Sometimes I enjoy a glass of wine in the evenings, but if I have none in the house, it doesn't bother me.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Officially not allowed alcohol at all - it affects some of the medication I've been prescribed. Unofficially I like a small tot of Brandy in my coffee first thing in the morning (and then not every day).

If I go out to Dinner somewhere I may (though not always) have a glass of wine with my meal and perhaps a Brandy with the coffee afterwards.
Moderation Joe,can't argue with that,your're along time dead to worry if you should imbibe.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 12:30 PM

I drank industrial amounts of alcohol in the past. I'd have a drink and next thing I knew was facing 6 months for a breach of the peace.

Today I'm not supposed to because of health issues, but do have the occasional lapse. I can usually keep it to one drink, though.

I'll sometimes buy a £10 meal deal from M & S or Tesco and will drink half the wine one day and half the next but I shouldn't really be drinking at all.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top