Join for free
Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 01:16 PM

Re: What are you baking today?

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Look good. I don’t mind dried fruit but I really don’t like currents so don’t like that type of fruit bread with the mincemeat but this sounds like something I’d like. I especially like the tea idea. Very interesting.
I don't like currents either Bratti evil little things with lurking stones ,only raisins and sultanas go my mincemeat along with fresh orange and lemon peel, apples nuts spices and rum .
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't like currents either Bratti evil little things with lurking stones ,only raisins and sultanas go my mincemeat along with fresh orange and lemon peel, apples nuts spices and rum .
Ohhhh. Do you make your own mincemeat then? Maybe I’ll try that because I like everything about mincemeat except those currents. Ummm fresh orange peel and lemon sound heavenly.
Maybe I’ll look up currentless mincemeat.
Those evil little things with lurking stones .... haha. My sentiments exactly.

Thank you.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 05:30 PM

Sorry to be pedantic, but that should be currants. A current is electric and will more than likely kill you if you touch it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 06:26 PM

I decided to make this fruit loaf today,with apricots,raisins,lemon zest,bread flour,yeast,sugar,egg,salt,milk,it may not look to pretty,but it tasted delicious,it's the freshness of it,completely different taste,from shop bought.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	8023  
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I decided to make this fruit loaf today,with apricots,raisins,lemon zest,bread flour,yeast,sugar,egg,salt,milk,it may not look to pretty,but it tasted delicious,it's the freshness of it,completely different taste,from shop bought.
It looks scrumptious, Pauline
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 07:40 PM

That look very nice Pauline,homemade is so much tastier than shop bought every time!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 07:49 PM

Looks lovely Pauline
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 08:17 PM

Thanks Mags,Aysa,Meg,....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-11-2018, 08:46 AM

I have had a few slices,it tastes,as I said ,much better than shop bought,..but it's just that little bit dry,..I wonder what I did wrong?..to much flour or even egg,?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

22-11-2018, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
That look very nice Pauline,homemade is so much tastier than shop bought every time!
Hi Aysa,have you made it before?..this is my first attempt,it turned out a bit dry,any ideas why?..maybe Mags or someone
else know?..I would ask you Meg,..but you do make bread,any ideas?......thank you.

Page 4 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top