Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2012, 10:38 PM

Emergency Vet

Bonnie has been very quiet for a couple of days now and tonight she started wimpering and couldn't get comfortable. I wondered if she had a spinal injury as she was acting like an old dog rather than a 10 month old. At 7.30pm we took her down to the emergency vet. He gave her a thorough examination and ruled out a spinal or hip problem, but she does have a high temperature, raised lymph glands on one side and a lump in her shoulder. No definitive diagnosis, but lymphoma was mentioned as a possibility. He gave her a Metacam injection and antibiotic. I will take her back on Friday evening and hopefully she will have started to improve and it is a wound infection - even though I can't think where from - there is no wound to see and I can't recall anything. If not it will mean a biopsy. I am very worried for her - she is only 10 months old. Please keep fingers crossed for us that it is something simple like an abscess.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2012, 10:40 PM

Re: Emergency Vet

Hope it's something minor. Did the injection make her more comfortable?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2012, 10:44 PM

Thanks Annie - the Metacam has worked and she is flat out asleep now - which is the best thing for her. I lost two flatcoated retrievers to bone cancer, not that long ago and both had to be put to sleep within 18 months of each other, which has made me paranoid about lumps and bumps in legs.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2012, 10:47 PM

Poor dear. Glad she's getting some good, sound sleep. Let's hope for the best.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2012, 10:49 PM

Poor Bonnie and poor you ((((hugs))))

Fingers crossed that she has a full recovery soon, from whatever has been troubling her.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2012, 10:54 PM

Oh poor Bonnie, hope it turns out to be nothing serious, its such a worry when they are not well. At least she's sleeping now so is getting some rest.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2012, 10:57 PM

Glad Bonnie is asleep now Rena, let's hope with a good rest and the meds this will turn out to be just an infection. Try not to worry too much, xx
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2012, 11:00 PM

Hi Rena , what a worry Hoping it turns out to be a simple infection which is checked by the meds.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2012, 11:46 PM

Good luck, hope she's much better soon & it's nothing sinister xx
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2012, 11:58 PM

Poor Bonnie, I do hope it's nothing serious

I hope the good rest and meds will make her feel more comfortable, Rena....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top